• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help from ocz guys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vladozg

First off

thanks in advance :thup:

I have a problem with 2*512 mb kit of platinum rev 2.
I cant make them stable on 250mhz with 2.5-3-3-7 or 2.5-4-3-7 or 2.5-4-4-8(tried Trc 11,Trfc 16...
Async latency 9ns,read preamble 6ns and so on).
I used latest bios then i tried with 704-2bta,623-1 and so on,every time same story I can boot to windows then it crashes down.
Highest settings I can boot to windows are 300mhz 2.5-5-4-8,I can run super pi 1mb but super pi reports error when I start 32mb test.
I tried with ram voltages between 2.7 and 2.9v no effect.
I have corsair xl pro's who can do 270 2.5-3-3-6 with ease,so I am wondering what I am doing wrong(If I am doing something wrong).

Sorry for long post.

Set the volts to 2.75 or 2.8. Back the HTT to 240 set cas to 2.5 and the others to auto. Boot into memtest on a Linux CD or in windows if it's able to win. Let it run a few cycles.

Reboot, set memory to manuall 2.5-3-3-7 or 8. It should be stable into windows.
Reboot bump HTT to 245 into windows run a cycle of memtest.
Reboot one last time to 250. My BFG boards do this to me for no reason other than the memory offscreen timings get out of sync. These offscreen timings are generated based on settings you enter but are not show in BIOS. These are what makes or breaks some mobos. Beyond that, you will have to learn the other ram timings of DFI-ville that we are all learning.

I just got a DFI AM2 board and it would not do any good ocs with new ram so I'm letting it run in for a while.

The original spec for PC4800 Platinum is CL3-4-4-8. Not all of the TCC5/TCCD stuff can do CL3-3-3 @ 500, keep that in mind.

I did some tweeking on my sempi and I did find one problem I should know better than to do it. Don't adjust HTT and RAM in the same reboot except to reset back to optimized settings. I got the sempi running up to HTT290 after adhearing to this rule. Set up the memory to relaxed settings then you can tweek later.

following your advice Alabama I managed 270mhz 2.5-5-3-8 super pi 32mb stable
more testing is going to be performed.
thanks mate.

vladozg said:
following your advice Alabama I managed 270mhz 2.5-5-3-8 super pi 32mb stable
more testing is going to be performed.
thanks mate.
:cool: You might try raising the 8 at the end to 9 or 10 for the next bump. It's the golden ram rule for DDR (2nd number + 3rd number + 2) or ( 5 + 3 + 2 ) = 10. The last number is a hit but it's small though it make a big difference instabilty.

Back