• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ultra RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Asr940

First off, don't scream me out; I am not going to be buying any Ultra products anytime soon.

Now, I came across several ultra sticks of RAM on various online retailers this morning as I was browsing around. My question: Are they even close to usable? I know Ultra makes crappy PSUs, but I would assume RAM can't explode.

Ugh, think of that, at least a PSU is isolated somewhat from the system. The RAM would explode right on the mobo.

one of my buddies uses it and he aint had no real problems with stability. But then again he don't try to overclock or anything, he uses his comp. to surf the net and listen to music..

Ultra memory is fine. It doesn't overclock any more or less than other makes with the same chips. Ultra's PSU problems happened between the final run of XConnects and ended with the XFinity. All of their PSUs between those units should be avoided. The original XConnect is fine, as is the XFinity. I have two early model XConnects and they work great. My friend owns two XFinities and they are also humming away without issue.

Thanks, that is nice to know. About the memory and the PSUs. hmm

Back