• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I find DDR500, DDR553, DDR550 in 2X1GB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gregz

Hi, I recently built the following rig:

A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 4800+ Toledo
2 X 1GB OCZ PC3200 EL DDR Platinum (2-3-2-5)
Thermaltake Big Typhoon 120mm w/ AS5

The CPU is overclocking wonderfully but I'm a bit disappointed with the memory. The best I can get on these sticks is about 219mhz fsb. I know higher-end DDR memory is very scarce right now, but can anyone suggest where I might find some low-latency memory that can do 250-270 mhz at 3-3-3-8 or comparable?

Any suggestions as to which sticks to buy, where to buy them, or any other advice is very appreciated. Naturally price is a factor because this stuff is so expensive, any tips on good deals or upcoming sales would be great. Also, does anyone think there will be a glut of these sold on eBay after Christmas as more people migrate to DDR2?

Thanks in advance, :)

-Greg

Last edited:
Thanks, 3-4-4-8 is a bit loose and I'm not sure I can keep 1T at 250mhz w/ my a8n-sli prem. Anyone know?

From what I hear you can't keep 1T over about 240mHz and the HTT starts to flake out entirely over 250.

Back