• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about memory frequencies (intel)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krazyshane

Registered
Okay, I've read up and understand how ddr works for the most part, but I am still unsure about just 1 thing (I think).

Right now my system has a Celly D, and I am running at stock speeds (at the moment).

When looking in cpu z, I can see that the bus speed is 133 and the rated fsb is 533mhz. Okay, I understand that. This means that ideally, I would want my memoroy to run at 533mhz.

If I look at the memory tab in cpu-z, I see that the ratio is 1:2 and my frequency is 266. Okay I understand that.

Because the memory is ddr, it is actually running at the full 533mhz (532) correct? (or at least has the bandwidth equivalent) so that I'm good where it's at, or is the 266 number the "ddr frequency" so that it's really running at only 133Mhz?

Okay, I guess put more simply... is the memory frequency that I see in CPU-Z the actual clock, or the ddr "rated clock"?

Thanks,
Shane

You got it right in the first post. The celly D has a 133 FSB which is quad pumped to 533 MHz by doing 4 comands per cycle. Your ram is running a 1:2 cpu:ram divider so it's at 266MHz (2x the FSB), then double data rated to 533 MHz.

Back