• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best memory option out of these

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That has a 200MHz stock FSB right? So in reality any PC-6400/DDR2-800, even value ram, which has a stock speed of 400MHz will have more than enough headroom to max it out at a 1:1 ratio.

I got the OCZ that is third in the list. I can't remember the highest I got, but I know it was under 1000, but that was at stock volt. They are pretty nice.

Well, I know the CPU is 200MHz stock FSB (quad-pumped=800MHz) and that DDR2-800 is rated for 400MHz FSB. Putting 2+2 together...;) yes I'm very certain of what I said before. DDR2-800 at its stock speed with a 1:1 fsb:mem ratio would yield a doubled CPU speed and if you're on air I doubt you'll get that out of the P930D CPU. So, with any DDR2-800 you won't be ram-limited.

Now if you wanted to run the RAM at a higher ratio that's another thing and you'd have to calculate the final Ram speed. For example, 300MHz FSB with a 2:3 fsb:mem ratio would be 450MHz or DDR2-900. Increased mem ratios help a bit in real-world apps but it's not huge. It's just kind of tough to calculate this without knowing what your max CPU speed is.

Finally if you're planning on ditching the 930D some time it would be worth getting better RAM, you would want some DDR2-900 to -1000 capable RAM, in other words the more expensive $150-ish DDR2-800 kits, for a C2D e6300 or e6400 but only if you're going to stick with the same 1GB kit. If you'd just get 2GB later then there's no need for a super-special kit atm.

Out of those in your OP if you don't mind the MIR the OCZ platinums look nice.

Hmm nice to see someone else also selling team memory.

Although the prices on DDR2 make me wish I was buying DDR2 like mad in July when I could get 2gbs of this stuff for $200 pretty soon 1gb of D9gmh will be the same as I paid for 2gbs when it came out.

I would go with the corsair you have there. I have heard nothing but good things about corsair and would get it if they had what i am looking for at a better price:-/

I've decided to pull a Kerry and switch back to the OCZ. I'm going with the Platinums as I found them at a really good price here in the forums.
thanks for all the advice, however. Next set I try will definitely be the Teamgroup.
Isaac

Back