• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rocksfan_1

alright, i have a strange situation for you guys
I am working with my friends computer here is the specs
EPOX 8KRAI-pro motherboard
sempron 3300+
512 Ultra DDr pc 3200
the rest doesn't matter

OK, my friend has been running his computer at 11X190 for a while, and he is trying to add a 1GB stick of Ultra pc3200. The problem is that we put in the 1GB stick and it crashes when it goes to load windows. when i moved the fsb down to 100 i was able to load into windows, but who wants their computer at 10X100? any advice?

Did you try switching the ram around to use different slots? what about raising the ram voltage and possibly running a mem test?

i tried switching the slots, using every combination of the 512 and 1GB and all combinations of the 1GB stick alone. I have the voltage at 2.7, which should be plenty high i think, i had it on 2.5 earlier

i think i will try a piece of kingston 1GB that i have laying around, maybe that will work better than the ultra

I tried the kingston ram and everything worked great, i also checked the timings and they matched up perfectly

the ultra 1GB matched perfect with the ultra 512, so it doesn't make sense to me? can anyone explain this?

Back