• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

not sure what to get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alyn

Registered
i've started building my own pc. this is my first build and need some help. i bought an asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe/Wireless Edition mobo. i got an amd athlon 64 X2 dual-core 4800+ with 1m L2 cache processor-am2 socket. what would be the best ram for my setup? about middle price range, maybe a little higher.

Yeah, I am looking for *affordable* ram also. I would think 150-200 is a good price for 2gb, right?

And alyn, it would be stupid to not get 2gb if you are building now days, buy big, and enjoy big :D

under $200. i was thinking of getting this......."OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2G8002GK - Retail"

would this be ok with my mobo and processor, i want to be able to overclock.

Last edited:
never mind, i went ahead and bought... CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit, 4x4x4x12.
i hope this will work good with my setup. from the reviews it seems like real good memory.

Back