• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR 3200/4400???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The max supported speed of the motherboard is DDR400 (PC3200). If you put in memory that is rated higher, it will only run at the max speed the motherboard can run.

pc4400 is usefull for oc'ing because you will not need to run a divider on the ram. If you don't oc, you will not likely see any performance increase.

corpsejockey said:
pc4400 is usefull for oc'ing because you will not need to run a divider on the ram. If you don't oc, you will not likely see any performance increase.

I want to OC the CPU in my sig, as well as the Vid Card, but when I bought the MB I didnt pay attention to the Mem timing and got stuck with 3200. I have some cheep Kingstons Value Ram and want to upgrade, just wanted to know why I could not put faster RAM on the MB.

you can put faster ram on the mobo. but it will run at (2x200)400mhz, if you by ddr500 than you can OC it to 250 and run ddr 500 in dual channel. If the cpu and the baord will OC that high.

retsgtcas said:
I want to OC the CPU in my sig, as well as the Vid Card, but when I bought the MB I didnt pay attention to the Mem timing and got stuck with 3200. I have some cheep Kingstons Value Ram and want to upgrade, just wanted to know why I could not put faster RAM on the MB.

How much do you want to overclock?

These Kingstons PC3200s will go to about PC3700 (~ DDR450 - DDR460) without much trouble. If you want more, get something else.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820144114

Back