• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR Set; 1gb TCCD kit ~ $100?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

I'm not sure how to identify tccd kits, I've been out of the DDR scene for along time :). I'm looking for a decent clocking kit for under $100 for my upcoming A64 rig. It has to be compable with the DFI Ultra D (It's picky about memory right?

It shouldn't be to picky about ram especially TCCD, I think thats only cheaper ram.

As far as TCCD ram goes start hunting the classifieds, I believe TCCD hasn't been made for a while but most TCCD you find will be decent stuff. If you want to hit 300mhz though, your probably looking for some Gskill or OCZ plats though.

Honestly, I doubt you will find any set of RAM (new at least) under 100 bucks. DDR prices have really shot up now that DDR2 is taking over the RAM scene.

I just scored a deal (2gb (1gb x 2) OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8) for $125. :D. I don't care whether this stuff is TCCD or not, capacity > ICCs ;).

Thanks all who helped me out :D.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
I just scored a deal (2gb (1gb x 2) OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8) for $125. :D. I don't care whether this stuff is TCCD or not, capacity > ICCs ;).

Thanks all who helped me out :D.

Holy crap. AWESOME price. I bet that stuff will go to at least 265 on close to stock volts. Remember, OCZ has that warranty thing where you can go up to a certain voltage. For my sticks, it is 2.9 +/- 5%.

Those 2 gigs of UCCC based ram should work very well for you and the price was certainly right.

Good buy.

yeah those sticks are worth at least $160 if not more

and on the topic of 2gigs...definitely one of the best upgrades you can make to a system

I had the TCCD Team Apollo modules and boy did they clock like crazy.
3-4-4-8 stock voltage and 315 mhz (DDR-630)

I love TCCD. Too bad the 1GB would crash Quake 4 on me and send all of the data into the page file. Other than that I could throw anything at my 4800+ on a 1:1 config.

Keep us posted on results!

EDIT** Just realized you bougt 2-gig of non TCCD.

TCCD is right up there with BH5 (not the UTT crap) as the moment of crowning glory for DDR. Luckily I snagged a set of PC4800 PDP Patriot last week. I've used these before and my experience was quite a positive one. TCCD has never failed me thus far. A sure winner indeed!

The only TCCD you can find is probably from OCZ or GSkill. Patriot have stopped their DDR XBLK line and there is no mention of sets from PQI (not the best) or others. You may be able to go out on a lark and pick up a 2-2-2-5, 2.6V set and it would be some TCCx. Since everybody is moving to DDR2, you might find these very hard to come by.

If you have any questions, ask Mr.Reefa. He has over 300 Gb of RAM (of which at least 95 Gb are TCCD). :D :santa:

Edit#
You can find TCCD results here:-
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=379317

Super Nade said:
TCCD is right up there with BH5 (not the UTT crap) as the moment of crowning glory for DDR. Luckily I snagged a set of PC4800 PDP Patriot last week. I've used these before and my experience was quite a positive one. TCCD has never failed me thus far. A sure winner indeed!

The only TCCD you can find is probably from OCZ or GSkill. Patriot have stopped their DDR XBLK line and there is no mention of sets from PQI (not the best) or others. You may be able to go out on a lark and pick up a 2-2-2-5, 2.6V set and it would be some TCCx. Since everybody is moving to DDR2, you might find these very hard to come by.

If you have any questions, ask Mr.Reefa. He has over 300 Gb of RAM (of which at least 95 Gb are TCCD). :D :santa:

Edit#
You can find TCCD results here:-
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=379317

95GB of RAM !!!!! :eek: :eek:

I should have tried to buy a set off of him ..

Super Nade said:
snip... there is no mention of sets from PQI (not the best)... /snip

I must have just had a lucky set then. My PQI TCCD ran 2.5-5-4-7 at 313mhz 626DDR, mid 290's was 2.5-4-3-7. 2.5-3-2-5 lasted up into the 260's IIRC. Looked to be slightly below par with the other modules out there, but non the less impressive. They most likely had more in them, I just never had enough time to test more throuroughly.

I still regret selling them, possibly my favorite ram. Luckily, I sold them to a local friend, going to see if I can get them back someday.

Good TCCD will hit DDR600 2.5-4-3-x-1T (atleast that is how I would classify good modules). PQI started this whole TCCD craze. There is a huge super-massive thread dedicated to this excitement. People even speculated that BH has made a comeback. ;)

Yeah, but for as much as they did start it, followed that thread you mentioned back in the day (aka reason why I got PQI), it never seemed like you heard too much about them then. Most have fell by the wayside or at least got overshaddowed by the better modules out there. So I thought I'd throw up my numbers there for what some PQI was possible of... :)

BH-5 doesn't need a comeback, it's hear to stay, lol.
<--- owns three sets total 2gb worth

BH did make a quasi-comeback. But the candidate i.e UTT, was by far the most inconsistent chips I've ever seen. Sure, you could hit 275 2-2-2-x, but the disturbing amount of dead sticks and RMA's made me very uncomfortable.

Back