• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Single or dual channel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"Look the guy is weird. He thinks that single card of ram is better then dual channel."

lol :( Get him to read some articles or post here and he can get up to date. I can somewhat understand wanting an AGP system if he has an AGP card now but it's a very bad idea to buy almost all of a new system, sans video card, that is AGP. I'd bet he could pick up an equivalent to his current AGP card in PCI-E for <$70 on ebay unless he has one of the rare gainward bliss cards.

I just RMA'ed a mobo that just would not do dual channel...even though I read that comparison which indicates there is very little performance difference. Now the machine is just sitting here, waiting for the new one to come. I wonder if I'm wasting my time? :eek:
:rolleyes:

Dual channel isn't "faster" it just provides better performance via using both memory sticks at the same time (or all 3 or 4) rather than one utilizing the first one then the second and so on. This is just a basic exp.

Back