• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How far can I push VDimm?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

upchuck1jr

Registered
Been working on getting a stable overclock on my new rig. It seems like all the want to run quicker than stock, buy Prime95 isn't even stable with a small 10% OC. :bang head

I'm thinking that the memory is the problem. I had the issues everyone seems to have with this board/ram combo getting it to post the first time. Since then, I've been using the 2.13 VDimm setting. Everything I've seen for them has said 2.1V.

From what I've studied, DDR2 requires less voltage than DDR. And it seems like a lot of people are running 2.5 and above on DDR. But I don't see much information about what is safe for DDR2...

Anyone able to provide any help?

Are you able to get memtest to run with out errors? If you dont get any errors from memtest i would say it isnt a memory problem.

Only with certain IC's (Micron D9Gxx) can you really push up the voltages to see any results. The Elpida IC's I have seen baulk at higher voltages.

upchuck1jr said:
From what I've studied, DDR2 requires less voltage than DDR. And it seems like a lot of people are running 2.5 and above on DDR. But I don't see much information about what is safe for DDR2...

Anyone able to provide any help?
Be aware that, with memory, more volts is not necessarily better. Memory is most stable at a specific voltage. More OR less voltage than the ideal will be less stable.

Back