• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM Timings Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anubis_386

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to RAM and such so could you guys tell me what timings i should set my RAM too so I can get it to a higher clock speed.
Heres the info on my RAM from Everest:
RAM.jpg
Its just a pair of generic cheap RAM - 1GB of - PC3200 and at 1:1 with the FSB ... I've got them running at 225mhz like this and my system is pretty stable .. i would just like to go higher so any help is appreciated

Thanks

Anubis_386 said:
I'm a complete n00b when it comes to RAM and such so could you guys tell me what timings i should set my RAM too so I can get it to a higher clock speed.
Heres the info on my RAM from Everest:
RAM.jpg
Its just a pair of generic cheap RAM - 1GB of - PC3200 and at 1:1 with the FSB ... I've got them running at 225mhz like this and my system is pretty stable .. i would just like to go higher so any help is appreciated

Thanks

Anubis,

I would leave them where they are an kick up the FSB by 1 or 2 more
(226-228 mhz) and test them with Memtest86. You're not doing bad for value RAMs and your timings aren't bad either for the unknown.

Are you testing with SuperPi and Prime95 in Windows after Memtest? You should be.

If they fail @ 226, 228 or 230 MHz try 3-4-4-8. Take it easy here, you may be approaching a max soon and you don't want to corrupt your OS. If they fail higher and at 3-4-4-8 with Prime95 I wouldn't push them any more and back them off a little.

Would also help to post your hardware.

Back