• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oper8or

Is it an idication that you have a bad memory module when games lock up after playing them and the quiting the game? I've defaulted all settings back to check and see. I'm going to pull on stick at a time when I get home tomarrow as advised many times on this board.
Corsair CMX 512-3200C2 x 2 just in case you need to know.

Could be alot of things, really (and try the newest BIOS revision, it rawks). Bad memory will cause alot of issues. Do you get a BSOD or the game just locks? If the game is just locking you may need to reinstall the game or the video drivers.

It only locks on me. I'll try reinstalling the vid drivers and look at the new bios. I've also downloaded the nvidia platform drivers. I dont need some of whats in it though.. I dont like thier sound stuff.. No bsod at all. Its only after playing this one game too. I have really concidered doing a clean install of windows with a suse10.2 dual boot. Honestly the more problems I have with windows apps the more I start looking at linux as my OS. I know that is off the subject sorry.
I'll reinstall the vid drivers tomarrow when I get home. If that doesnt work I'll start looking at other things. I'll be back :)

Back