• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory can't run too slow? Weird.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
Thought I would share some interesting results with you guys really quick. I've never seen this happen before.

The board I am using is a P5W DH. I had my E6400 in there with ram running 1:1, so I was running ddr2-800. I just bought a 661 and wanted to try it out in here. For the initial setup, I used 1:1, which put my ram at ddr2-400. It is teamgroup pc2-5300 3-3-3-8. The computer was utterly unstable. I tried many different timings and voltages. It made me think the CPU was bad because that was the ONLY thing I had changed. Just for the heck of it, I changed the divider to run DDR2-800 and what do you know...it runs perfectly stable at 1:2! Change it back to 1:1 to make sure I'm not going crazy and it becomes totally unstable again. Has anyone seen this before?

-Collin-

NinjaZX6R said:
Thought I would share some interesting results with you guys really quick. I've never seen this happen before.

The board I am using is a P5W DH. I had my E6400 in there with ram running 1:1, so I was running ddr2-800. I just bought a 661 and wanted to try it out in here. For the initial setup, I used 1:1, which put my ram at ddr2-400. It is teamgroup pc2-5300 3-3-3-8. The computer was utterly unstable. I tried many different timings and voltages. It made me think the CPU was bad because that was the ONLY thing I had changed. Just for the heck of it, I changed the divider to run DDR2-800 and what do you know...it runs perfectly stable at 1:2! Change it back to 1:1 to make sure I'm not going crazy and it becomes totally unstable again. Has anyone seen this before?

-Collin-
Yes (10....)

Back