• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Clock Speed question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

upchuck1jr

Registered
I'm trying to figure out why my DDR2 800 ram won't run at 400 MHz...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227082

I have the them running with VDimm of 2.2v, by the bios, and 2.1v as measured by Everest. Timings are set at 5-5-5-15-2T. If I push past 370 MHz, the computer will give a memory error every time.

Reviews on Newegg say some have ran these as high as 890 MHz. Anyone have any ideas?

I own the same set. I've got mine up to like 9 and some change. But the timings aren't too hot 5-6-6-18. Basically I've had the freq. at 442. Is that your question?

Not exactly. Running stock on the 4200+ (200x11), I can run the ram at the CPU/6 setting. This nets me the (200x11/6) 367 MHz I'm running at.

I've been able to post with the FSB set up to 202. That gives me an effective memory speed of 370. However, if I try to go beyond 202 FSB the computer will not POST. It gives the long beep memory error instead. :bang head

The only way I can push my FSB past 202 is to drop the memory to the CPU/7 divider. I would have to push a 255 FSB in order to even hit a memory freq of 400 with that divider. :mad:

I see many people having success with the ram, just trying to figure out how... How much voltage are you using for that kind of speed?

Hit the optimize timings on BIOS and reboot. Then retry your OC, an internal setting got wonked.
Steve, AM2 doesn't have a 1:1 only default memory timing.
DDR2-800 (400) which is somewhere near 2:1 with respect to HTT.

I had my Corsair at 922Mhz with a 15% OC on my CPU at 2.77Ghz and Voltage at 1.5. I backed off for now though while my AS5 burns in, cause I was getting 60+ C load temps on stress tests. Might have to lap my CPU cooler also soon.

AC3421 said:
I had my Corsair at 922Mhz with a 15% OC on my CPU at 2.77Ghz and Voltage at 1.5. I backed off for now though while my AS5 burns in, cause I was getting 60+ C load temps on stress tests. Might have to lap my CPU cooler also soon.
I'll bring some steaks :D thats hot!

Thanks for all the tips guys. Got around to trying the sticks separately.

Found that one of my DIMM slots was causing the problem. No matter which stick I put in it, it wouldn't post over 404 MHz. Now that I've switched them over to the other slots, they're working much better.

Now, if only I could get everything stable again... :rolleyes: It's looking like I may have to drop my HTT to get them to work at these speeds. Tried my original speeds (232x11). With the Ram at 5-5-5-15-2T, 425MHz, and 2.14VDimm, it's failing around 20 seconds in.

Any suggestions for this?

Back