• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TCCD Fun (Patriot PC3200 XBLK)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wa77ss

CPU: Opteron 144 w/ Tuniq Tower
MB: DFI Ultra-D
RAM: Patriot PC3200 XBLK (TCCD)

2.5v ~ 2.5-4-4-8

--------------------------------------------

Gets about half way through 32mb before it crashes. Gonna try to play with some subtimings to get more stability.

I easily see 320+mhz for 1mb stable in these sticks :D

Last edited:
Super Nade said:
Mate, don't be afraid to crank up the VDRAM to 2.9 V. You need a couple of 80mm's blowing over them though! Gotta love TCCD :beer:

See here for sub-timings:-
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=379317

I will be joining you soon if the el-cheapo Opteron order goes through.

Thanks SN :)

Sorry about the large pic guys !!! Completely forgot to resize it !!!

For the mean time, here is a teaser :D

3ghz looks to be stable now @ 15mins or so ... :)

WaTTz said:
CPU: Opteron 144 w/ Tuniq Tower
MB: DFI Ultra-D
RAM: Patriot PC3200 XBLK (TCCD)

2.5v ~ 2.5-4-4-8

--------------------------------------------

Gets about half way through 32mb before it crashes. Gonna try to play with some subtimings to get more stability.

I easily see 320+mhz for 1mb stable in these sticks :D

Geeezus Keeryst! :beer:

AC3421 said:
Whats so great about his ram Frequency?? Its only DDR, is that fast for DDR?? lol, I got my DDR2 2gb Dual Channel at 922Mhz.......

Try running your DDR2 @ a 50% oc +............lol

AC3421 said:
Whats so great about his ram Frequency?? Its only DDR, is that fast for DDR?? lol, I got my DDR2 2gb Dual Channel at 922Mhz.......

DDR is a different beast from DDR2. DDR2 offers higher overall bandwidth, clock for clock i.e 800MB/s for SDRAM and 1600MB/s for DDR SDRAM and 3200MB/s for DDR2 SDRAM.

Apart from the bandwidth issue, there is the question of a completely different standard, which supports larger operating frequncies as the wiring, PCB's etc is completely different.
So you cannot do a mere clock freq comparision here (between DDR1 and DDR2).

DDR600 is a very impressive result as it represents the summit one can reach with DDR technology in its present form. Thus far, TCCD chips (increasingly hard to find these days) have simply offered the highest bandwidth of them all (by virtue of them scaling to ultra-high DDR600) in the DDR world. TCCD based modules have been an overclocker's dream. :)

There have been several interesting BH5 v/s TCCD shoot-outs where BH is usually at 270MHz 2-2-2-x and TCCD at 300MHz 2.5-4/3-3-x. TCCD has won a majority of these battles. :)

Super Nade said:
Mate, don't be afraid to crank up the VDRAM to 2.9 V. You need a couple of 80mm's blowing over them though! Gotta love TCCD :beer:

See here for sub-timings:-
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=379317

I will be joining you soon if the el-cheapo Opteron order goes through.

agree.. tccd are great at 2.9volts .. ive ran my first set at 3.2 with a homemade fan setup blowing over them.. except i cheesed it on my wire install and well... poof !! :mad: :eek: :mad:

good thing i got another great set shortly there after :beer: :D

Xtreme Barton said:
agree.. tccd are great at 2.9volts .. ive ran my first set at 3.2 with a homemade fan setup blowing over them.. except i cheesed it on my wire install and well... poof !! :mad: :eek: :mad:

good thing i got another great set shortly there after :beer: :D

Nade, Xtreme,

AC3421 doesn't know the comparison is "apples and pears" so when I suggested he try a OC 50% to compare with his DDR2, I don't want to be around! :)

From what I can see these Patriot XBLKs are one of the best kept secrets of DDR Ram (among a few others). I'm just loafing along with mine @ 2.85v during a new CPU break-in. :D

A bit of a slowdown. Cant get them 24/7 stable anywhere besides 200mhz right now .. :mad:

Prolly just need to play with cpu volts a bit and figure out what is causing the problem

On the other hand, I can boot into windows with 300+mhz, just not stable ...

Back