• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone screwed the pump into the case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wun911

I have a Swiftech MCP655 12V Pump

It has 2 holes that allow you to scrw the pump into the case....

Do you guys use this or is the double sided sticky take enough?

I screwed mine in and used a nut on the back side...don't like the sticky mess left behind from sticky tape...plus it can then be moved and re-used.

Double Sided Sticky Tape never worked for me unless the tubing helped keep the pump in place. Velcro Tape on the other hand works fairly well, benefits from tubing holding it in place as well. I've mounted my MCP655 every which way with the bolt holes and even created my own. I strongly suggest putting a soft (foam?) material between the case and the pump to reduce vibration, my pump turned my case into an amplifier

You really don't need to bolt it down unless you are going to be carrying the case around a lot. The pump can be quieter if it is just sitting on some foam. I have my DDC+ sitting on a piece of memory foam (yes, I am still using the free tempeurapedic sample from a while back) and it makes the pump nearly silent, whereas mounted to the case, the vibration travels through the case.

whoa nikhsub...got a worklog for that rig?

I attached my D4 with two L-brackets into an tilted position (inlet facing straight up outlet facing horizontally) and it works great. Sticktape would be fine I guess but only if you mount it on its feet.
Dont forget the tubing will add a good amount of torque or support depending on how you measure, route and cut

my DDC is mounted via PetrasTechshop's gel stuff and some screws / rubber grommets.

I popped holes too. really nice to have it secured there.

pumpmount.jpg

pumpscrews.jpg

I mounted mine to a piece of aluminum which is then mounted to the case with rubber grommets. The only noise i can here is my fans. I did the pump to aluminum to case thing because i have my pump positioned really weird and i needed to extend the bracket to be able to mount it. I wouldn't have it just setting their because anything can happen to your computer and i prefer to have my water cooling stuff as secure as possible to prevent any problems

(i really like this new spell check thing in Firefox. It makes my night posts legible. ^_^)

I actually just got a hand towel, folded it up, and left it there. works as well as the sound dampening stuff

I have mine mounted to a modified zalman fan bracket. It looks unique as well as keeps the tubing to a minimum.

Sidecoss.jpg

That is a very good idea there mr T. would love to see the rest of your rig

Very clean and no nonsense loop there.
this thread looks like it can be a good resource for newcomers. keep the pics coming.

You can get some of the rubber liner they use around bath tubs from your local hardware retailer, its about 1/8th inch thick and works well to keep the pump vibrations seperate from your case.

my 655 is sitting without tape or bolts at the bottom of my case, the tubing setup provides a fair bit of force downward on where it sits so it doesnt move.

but in hindsight i would have liked to bolt it down with some foam between it and case. WIll probably do a bit of reworking of the loop over summer, so im gonna bolt it down so i can transport case without worry..

Back