• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Push Or Pull??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aalelan

Registered
I some searching but never found this question asked out right.. I have a MC320 Rad and 3 Yate Loon D12SM-12 fans.. I'm going to top mount the Rad on my case with standoffs, with the fans on the top of the radiator..

Should the fans be pulling air up through the radiator or should I be Pushing air down through it??? Is it more efficient one way over the other?

Aalelan said:
I some searching but never found this question asked out right.. I have a MC320 Rad and 3 Yate Loon D12SM-12 fans.. I'm going to top mount the Rad on my case with standoffs, with the fans on the top of the radiator..

Should the fans be pulling air up through the radiator or should I be Pushing air down through it??? Is it more efficient one way over the other?
For the mount you describe I would certainly have the fans pulling. How high off the top of the case will the rad be?

2 inches or so... that looked to be how most were doing it, should I alter my plan?

Back