• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe NB cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harakusara

I'm currently watercooling my e6400 on a P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe. It came with these 2 blowers for the mosfets/heatpipes and I've been using them since now. Last night I tried taking them off and i realized they were the loudest thing in my case. But when it booted into windows it kept crashing. I have no overclock on any thing.

Is there any good nb/sb waterblocks out there?

Once you remove the HSF from the NB you will find that you must also remove the heatsink and the heat pipe that covers your moffsets (ther eare 4 mofsets) and a Total of 4 push pins....

Remove your NB heat sink and heat pipe slowly as there is a kina sticky thermal glue and rippin it off too fast will rip the mofsets off your MB.

When you DO attach a water block to your NB your mofats which are now bare will cook

I think I told you this before but I welded intel HSF to the NB of my P5N32 SLI SE.... (but I doubt you paid any notice)

Its 100% passive solution I have never attached the little fans that come with the MB they are just too loud.

Last edited:
Yeah I knew about the mosfets but I'm gonna use a second loop with a pair of mosfet waterblocks. Do the even sell waterblocks for the SB?

Most south bridge chips have the same mounting system as north bridge chips, but as Daddyjaxx said, the only reason most motherboards have a sink on them at all is 'just in case', and I guarantee you your loop flow will be hurt more than the benefit, which is near nill, as SB's don't produce much heat at all, and you don't use them for overclocking.

You guys dont own a P5N32 SLI the SB is really really hot... it not only controlls the onboard sound, lan, and HDs it also covers the second GPU for SLI. Thats how Asus managed to increase the bandwidth of the MB to suport a 2x16 SLI, aka P5N32 SLI SE. You can tweek the SB and pump into it 1.6 v but I agree you probably dont need to water cool it.

On most of the other MBs the SB is covered by a tiny HSF (usually without a fan) and has no options for a tweek in BIOS.

Yes they sell water blocks for SB its the same as the one you will use for your NB, its mounted into the same 2 holes.

When you do install your water block for your SB you will notice that you cant insall the second GPU for SLI! As the water block is too wide and the end of your Vid card will hit it.

When you do water cool your NB,SB and 2 sets of mofsets and add your second loop send us a pic.

Last edited:
wun911 said:
You guys dont own a P5N32 SLI the SB is really really hot... it not only controlls the onboard sound, lan, and HDs it also covers the second GPU for SLI. Thats how Asus managed to increase the bandwidth of the MB to suport a 2x16 SLI, aka P5N32 SLI SE. You can tweek the SB and pump into it 1.6 v but I agree you probably dont need to water cool it.

On most of the other MBs the SB is covered by a tiny HSF (usually without a fan) and has no options for a tweek in BIOS.

Yes they sell water blocks for SB its the same as the one you will use for your NB, its mounted into the same 2 holes.

When you do install your water block for your SB you will notice that you cant insall the second GPU for SLI! As the water block is too wide and the end of your Vid card will hit it.

When you do water cool your NB,SB and 2 sets of mofsets and add your second loop send us a pic.

Will do.

Back