• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Push+Pull w/ a DD Stealth Rad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you search on this in here there are already plenty of similar discussions and answers.

which are, push/pull , max of 1c - 2c less. Not really worth it once you add up power consumption of fans and space and noise.

I thought it was about 20% better preformance.

considering you add a second fan its not a massive gain...

wun911 said:
I thought it was about 20% better preformance.

considering you add a second fan its not a massive gain...

With that rad you aren't going to see much of a difference. I agree that its not worth doing.

Where you can see a difference for instance is when you are using something more like a heatercore that is a lot thicker and you want to have slower fans. Using push/pull in that instance can help more.

The attached was compiled from some testing done by Radical_53 of HardwareLuxx Magazine in Germany

Attachments

• Rads - Airflow vs Temp.jpg
    Rads - Airflow vs Temp.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 144
I have a Stealth 240 and I didn't notice but maybe a 1 degree C difference when I went to push/pull. Perhaps on a highly restrictive radiator with low CFM fans it would be a more efficient upgrade.

I like it when my girlfriend push/pulls.... um NM...

Generally you see a slight benifit with pushing air through a restriction, rather then pulling it..

In addition, the most noise is sent out with the AIR. Depending on if your pushing into your case or out of your case makes a difference.

When air goes into most cases, the sound is dampend, since it is made out of metal, and this tends to reflect high freqs, (which most fans give out).

When air goes through a radiator, it will also filter out noise.

So depending on your setup you may find high CFM setup without noise.

Back