• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte Aurora w/c'd pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

custom90gt

hey guys,
Im thinking about jumping back into wcing (air is boring) and have been thinking about getting the Gigabyte Aurora case. Anyone have any good pics of the case with wcing in it?
TIA

lol thanks for the link
the case looks pretty nice I figured I'd try to find some pics on it and see if it would be a good case for water.
Keep em coming guys.

Good case for water? It's built for WC in mind. (I have one.) Comes with two holes in the rear of the case to run your hoses through and has easy mounting for a 120.2 size rad on the outside rear where those two 120mm fans are. I think it's slightly larger than a standard ATX sized case and there should be plenty of room inside to mount your pump and res. The only thing I don't like about it is that the LEDs and extra USB ports are on the side of the front panel rather than on the front panel itself. Other than that, I'm happy with it.

NWEng, do you have any pics of your setup? Im thinking about mounting the radiator inside of the case (to help reduce noise and extra bulk).

here is mine the first of the pics are outdated, but the last few are new but sorry no pics of it it with the rest of the cooling parts inside, my camra kinda needs a serial port to work which i dont have lol!
P2230045.jpg
P2230044.jpg
P2230043.jpg
P2230038.jpg
1111.jpg
1141.jpg
1131.jpg

I'm willing to bet you could probably put a res in where the toolcase normally sits. All that being said, I still think it's a good case for WC.

you could but u want the res to be at the highest point in the loop becuse most pumps are not self priming. the mcp655 is not self priming their for need to be feed constainly.

NWEng,
thanks for the info. Still would like to see pics of the kitty litter wcing sometime...

knightwolf,
thanks for the great pics. Do you have the rad fans blowing air into the rad? Do you think there would be a decent way to have the rad on the inside of the case as well as the fans? Are you mounting the pump to the side of the hdd bays for a reason? Thanks again.

well the rad wont fit on the inside due to the psu and exspansion slots, and the reason its on the side of the hdd cage is becuse it interfears with my second video card plus eliminates two exstreme bends and i do have the fans blowing into the rad, but due to me being a dummy and lapping my block wrong my temps suck but if i blow my airconditioner into my case i can get temps down to 19C load lol. you can try and fit it on the inside it might fit at the top if you cut a blow hole but ether way you put it their will be modding involved.

well thats a bummer that it wont fit inside the case (I see from your pics now). Do you ever take your computer to lans or anything with the external rad? I would think it gets in the way.

where do you plan on adding the chiller at? any good ms paint drawings you could do for me??
I really appreciate you taking the time to respond, I just need a little convincing to go back to water...

the chiller will be in like a plywood box with casters, the computer itself will sit on top the box, the tubes will be routed through the rear fan intake holes so that means the rad, pump and res will have to be moved down to the box. sry i dont have any kinda ms paint pics yet still planning it out :) but i did order a 6000 btu airconditioner to chill the coolent, i am hopeing for temps around -5 to -10 C the link to this ongoing project :)
i love watercooling nothing makes me happyer to look at my computer and see my work. i suggest watercooling for going to lans cause you never know what the temp of that room will be so watercooling is kinda of a safeguard. as for leaks i use fluid xp Extreme coolent which is non conductive and works fine.
good luck with whatever your choice may be :)

Back