• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2GB Kit DDR400 PC3200 Looking for Best Set

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilsnoop40

hi, i am looking to purchase some new ram because my wife is complaining her's is runnning to slow. so i was going to give here what's in mine and i wanted to try i a new brand. not sure what is better then what i have now but that is why i am asking. if you could please leave links and model numbers that would be great. below are my pc stats so you can see what i am working with please help.

best 2*1gb set please

1. eVGA 256-P2-N516 Geforce 7800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card
2. DFI's LANParty UT NF4 Ultra-D motherboard
3. HIGH-PERFORMANCE PSU: Turbo-Cool 510 SLI
4. AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor
5. 4 x 512MB DDR400 Crucial Ballistix Memory
6. Creative's Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
7. Pioneer DVR-109
8. Lite-On LTR-522465

thanks

Max0r said:
Welcome to OCForums!

:welcome:

You plan to overclock the RAM you get?

Well duh!! lol it's an assumption since he's got a DFI... even though it puzzles me why his computer is too slow since he's already got 2gb in there.. only things holding him back would be that the RAM is set at DDR333 (I think) with 4 modules.

Here's a kit from Tankguys (Team Xtreem kits):

http://www.tankguys.biz/team-xtreem....html?osCsid=f63bffbbae1ad84821be6e1e922b0d07

Only kit I could find that was hovering in the low 200s in stock.

Now that I look at your current memory, Ballistix stuff is insane!! The only drawback is that you'd have to run them at 2T, which I read doesn't have much of an adverse effect. Based on the fact that you say it's too slow, I'm guessing it runs at DDR333... overclock that stuff, man. Ballistix = OC like hell. If she doesn't see a performance increase, then I would say go for the extra memory.

What is she doing on it that it's running too slow? Is it something she did before and it started running more slowly doing the same thing? If so you may want to do a full scan for virus, spyware etc. A clean install of windows never hurts either. If she is doing something that you'd expect to take more Ram then go for it :) but more ram won't help if the problem isn't one of memory usage.

chubbyfatazn said:
Well duh!! lol it's an assumption since he's got a DFI...

That is a mark toward "will overclock" but at the same time from the way he's describing the scenario I have doubts in my mind :)

Max0r said:
That is a mark toward "will overclock" but at the same time from the way he's describing the scenario I have doubts in my mind :)

Huh? lol I'm confused.. please explain to me :confused:

Sorry for being stupid, thanks MadMan007 for reminding me to ask you: what exactly does your wife use the computer for? The state of the computer? etc etc... That's a well-rounded system you've got right there.

Definitely run spyware checks: my aunt's Sempy ran at unbearably slow speeds until I went over one day and ran a spyware check and within five minutes picked up 154 pieces of spyware... really bogs the system down.

Max0r said:
I was referring to lilsnoop, but if you're a newb that's cool too!

OHH!!

I kept thinking that you made the thread :p

I had forgotten it was lilsnoop that did it. He hasn't come back yet anyways, lol.

Back