• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

heartercore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep, single pass.

Any fittings you can get on there will work fine. Just remember, bigger and straighter fittings have less flow resistance. I would say to mock it up where you want it and design some fittings for that.

Yup you can probibily also simply cut of the ends and use the stock connectors after warming uo the end of your tubing if it is good quality though it will have more resistance than a good barb setup.

smokenjoe said:
Yup you can probibily also simply cut of the ends and use the stock connectors after warming uo the end of your tubing if it is good quality though it will have more resistance than a good barb setup.
:confused: How does a 1/2" ID tube create more resistance than a 1/2" barb, which is only 7/16" ID ...?

I have no idea what in the world he meant by the barb comment either.

That heatercore will work fine. I used one for quite some time that was almost exactly like that. You will of course need to make some kind of a shroud for it to stand off your fans, but otherwise it will work fine.

If I read his comment correctly... if you remove the stock barbs, you should find that it sticks into the tank of the core quite a ways. If you remove the stock tubes and replaced it with barbs, it should protrude(intrude?) into the tank less, therefore offering less resistance.

Not sure how much a difference there is though. I've never installed any barbs onto heatercores. Cutting off the end of the copper pipes was good enough for me.

voigts said:
I have no idea what in the world he meant by the barb comment either.

That heatercore will work fine. I used one for quite some time that was almost exactly like that. You will of course need to make some kind of a shroud for it to stand off your fans, but otherwise it will work fine.
question,how high do you make the shroud for the fans. 1" or 2"

Fanshouds should be at least the fan diameter in depth...but for our purposes, an inch is good, and two is better.

ƒÓÒl said:
Fanshouds should be at least the fan diameter in depth...but for our purposes, an inch is good, and two is better.
In a recent thread I saw Weapon listing the optimal set-up for a shroud. IIRC among the points listed was a 2" spacing and a divider inside the shroud to separate the air flow of the fans (less turbulence). If you're going to make a shroud you might want to search for that thread and get all the juicy details ... ;)

Back