• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me with wc suggestions please!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackbird007

Well to start, I am new to water cooling and as of right now I am gathering parts for a new computer build with wcing.

What I am looking at right now for the computer is:
C2D e6600
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
2 WD 36.7gig Raptors in raid 0
1 WD Caviar 250gig
eVGA 7900GTO
I am still unsure of which motherboard I will be using, I am waiting on reviews of the new ASUS ROG intel edition striker before I decide on a board.

Originally I was looking at the Koolance PC3-720BK integrated wcing system cooling the cpu, gpu, and raptor drives, but from reading on this board, I can probably do better piecing a system together.

I am looking for both performance and low noise levels. I would like the system to be as quiet as possible while still being able to cool the cpu, gpu, and raptors. I will be overclocking the cpu and gpu.

I would like to get some suggestions on cases and wcing systems. I don't want to have to butcher up my case a whole lot, and I kinda like the pictures of systems that have the rad mounted on the back. I would also like to have some sort of a control panel for the wcing system, kinda like the koolance panel if possible.

Thanks in advance for everybodies help.

For a radiator I would suggest the Swiftech MCR-220 or 320 depending on how much room you have. For fans apparently Yate loons YSL-120s are very good when paired with this rad.

I would suggest looking at a swiftech apogee for your cpu block and a Swiftech MCW60 for you GPU block.

As far as pumps go the swiftech MCP-350 or MCP-355 are good choices in quite yet powerful pump category.

You dont need a control panel for your watercooling system there isn't much to control.

As far as cooling HDs just having a fan blowing air over them will probably give you the same results as watercooling them.

Look under in my sig... thats what I consider to be the absolute best... though the radiator depends.

Many people might disagree with some of it, but I get extremely good results. In a few weeks I will have pics of my system... Ive been slow to put this together...

Ive tried allot of parts, and this is the best... I still got a bin of pumps, waterblocks etc..

Mike

What case are you putting it in? If you're doing an external radiator at the back the biggest you can go for is a dual 120mm radiator. Also consider if you have room for a reservoir in your case, be it a Swiftech Micro res or one that fits in a spare bay. You might consider the bay reservoir with the DDC pump if you don't have much space.

As far as a front panel, you could hook up the fans on your radiator to a fan controller so you can control the volume, but there isn't one made for watercooling as far as I know.

I think I am going to go with the Lian Li G70 and a 3x120mm rad mounted to the inside top of the case. I will dremmel out the fan openings and mount a grille with filter on the outside. I will be using 3 scythe s-flex 1600rpm fans run to a fan speed adjuster. The fans will be adjusted so they run silent while still keeping temps in check.

Should I mount the fans between the top of the case and rad in a pull config to pull air from inside of the case through the rad? Or do should I mount the fans under the rad in a pull config to pull cool air from outside the case through the rad?

Is the coolrad 32T or the swiftech mcr-320 a better rad for low cfm fans? Would it be worth it to upgrade to a thermochill pa120.3?

Last edited:
Back