• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Question: Conroe cooler mounting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pyromuffin

Registered
I've looked all over and I can't find anything that is specifically designed for conroe mounting, so I guess they use the same cooler mounts as Pentium 4?

I've got a STORM block and I'd like to use it on my new core 2 duo.

pyromuffin said:
I've looked all over and I can't find anything that is specifically designed for conroe mounting, so I guess they use the same cooler mounts as Pentium 4?

I've got a STORM block and I'd like to use it on my new core 2 duo.

It's just standard LGA 775 mounting. The mounting plate already has holes for it.

Last edited:
the mounting isn't "processor" specific. its socket specific. so what ever the socket is, is they type of brackets you need. and the storm (i think im right) supports practically every socket type.

The original posted didnt mention the motherboard he was using.

Some people have specific but correctable problems with the DQ6 because of its HUGE heatsinks on its front, and the heatsink on the back of the board. Their is no problems with mounting this part on this board.

The DQ6 Motherboard is great for watercooling because of these huge heatsinks.

The Storm Rev 2 supports ALLOT of processors, though I cant say all because some guy will probably try to put one on a 286. heheh

Back