• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Memory or Bad Motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sportedwood

System:
E6600
Abit AB9 Pro
Cossair 8500c5 ddr1066

I picked up this memory yesterday, set all my bios settings to stock. I then upped my fsb up untill i could run the memory at 1066.

I have spent over 12 hours trying every ratio, fsb, multiplier, latency timming settings i can think of but i cannot get this ram to pass extended superpi tests or more than a few min on orthos at any speed faster than 850 reguardless of timmings.

Ive noticed if i max out my mchv to 1.5 then orthos takes longer to fail, but still fails after 4-5 min.

Memtest Passes fine no matter what speed.

Since memtester passes fine do you think it could just be the board having problems with this memory? or is the mem bad?

How long did you run memtest? Also if you are running memtest use either #5 or #8 test.

You said that you increases fsb for memory to reach 1066. So I assume you are overclocing. Try running processor at stock speed and just increase memory divider up and see what happens.

Back