• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some Personal help with my RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Registered
I Recently bought a new pc, came with DDR400 ram. My old pc used DDR333, So i thought i would put the DDR400 and the DDR333 Together for a gig of ram. and expect the 400 to run at 333, but instead when i look at Everest i see this.

RAm.jpg

I just want to know if this looks right.

if anyone reply s thank you

According to the FSB Clock your ram is running at 400. But your ratio is set at 3:5, which would be 120mhz. Set your divider to 1:1 and you should be golden. :thup:

What is my "divider" and how do i set it to 1:1. do i have to set it to 1:1 i dont want to over clock, just make it run the speed it is suppose to.

1701 said:
What is my "divider" and how do i set it to 1:1. do i have to set it to 1:1 i dont want to over clock, just make it run the speed it is suppose to.

In your BIOS, you need to look for something stating "DRAM:FSB Ratio" or something along those lines. You'll find that it's set to 3:5 or 120 MHz. If you change that to 1:1 or 200 MHz, your RAM will be running at a faster rate.

Of course, on a 1:1, your RAM would be running at 400 MHz effective. Your DDR 400 shouldn't have a problem, but the 333 might. Mixing RAM can make things interesting...

Thanks for both your posts, i think i can do the rest. (ha guess i cant, i don't see anything that pertains to DRAM:FSB Ratio settings at all in my bios.) ill wright down then post what exactly my bios say
but i have one more question! what Ratio setting, would be, for both ram to run at 333 speed not 400? 3:3 ?

ok this is what my bios has

( Darkened )Current FSB 200mhz
( Darkened)Current DRAM 200mhz
DRAM CLOCK: By SPD
DRAM timing: Auto by spd
SDRAM cas Latency : 2.5
bank interleave: disabled
trp : 4t
tras : 07t
trcd : 4t
trfc : 25t
trrd : 3t
trtp : 2t
twtr : 1t
twr : 4t
Dram com rate : 2t
RDSAIT mode : Auto
(Darkened)RDSAIT selection : 03

Last edited:
1701 said:

Looks like according to this, you should be on a 1:1 speed. Your current FSB and DRAM are both at 200MHz.

You can try setting the DRAM CLOCK setting manually. Change it from "By SPD" to 200MHz. That is the divider setting we've been looking for.

ok iv done that, and Everest still says its at 120mhz.:bang head

also i tried to take out my DDR333 hopeing it would say DDR400 200mhz but it just stays the same no matter what ram i put in here it just Displays DDR241 at 120mhz.

1701 said:
Thanks for both your posts, i think i can do the rest. (ha guess i cant, i don't see anything that pertains to DRAM:FSB Ratio settings at all in my bios.) ill wright down then post what exactly my bios say
but i have one more question! what Ratio setting, would be, for both ram to run at 333 speed not 400? 3:3 ?

ok this is what my bios has

SDRAM cas Latency : 2.5
bank interleave: disabled
trp : 4t
tras : 07t
trcd : 4t
trfc : 25t
trrd : 3t
trtp : 2t
twtr : 1t
twr : 4t
Dram com rate : 2t
RDSAIT mode : Auto
(Darkened)RDSAIT selection : 03
DRAM CLOCK: By SPD...............Change this
DRAM timing: Auto by spd...............Change this

DRAM CLOCK: By SPD...............Change this to 200mhz right?
DRAM timing: Auto by spd............... This has like 4 settings
1.Manual
2.aut by spd
3.fast(something along that line)
4.ULTRA

I set it to ULTRA yesterday, and my pc would not boot. PC gave a looooooooooong beep meaning memory error, so i had to reset the Cmos.

setting it to "fast" or Manual still displays DDR241 120mhz

Try setting the dram clock to 166 and set if you can boot. Is there anywhere in the bios that will let you change the CPU Multipler?

Can you change the Dram:FSB ratio to 4:5 instead of 3:5?
This would at least get the 333 setting for the slower ram. Changing the dram clock from SPD to another setting should change this but I don't know what settings you will get. If you get an MHZ setting, try 166 and leave the dram timings at spd as the settings may change with more mhz.
Before booting into windows run Memtest from a floppy and make sure it gives no errors so that windows will not become corrupt.
Did you run Everest before putting in the slower ram? It may be that the mismatched sticks have actually slowed down the ram quit a bit. Running mismatched sticks can be difficult as they both will have different spd timings.

hibner said:
Try setting the dram clock to 166 and set if you can boot. Is there anywhere in the bios that will let you change the CPU Multipler?

Ok i set the Dram clock to 100 133 166 still the same Everest still says DDr241 120mhz. There is no where to set my CPU Multiplier.

shadowdr said:
Can you change the Dram:FSB ratio to 4:5 instead of 3:5?
There is no Dram:FSB setting in my bios there is nowhere in my bios that even displays 3:5 ratio number. if there is a way to change this with out going into the bios please guide me to it.

shadowdr said:
This would at least get the 333 setting for the slower ram. Changing the dram clock from SPD to another setting should change this but I don't know what settings you will get. If you get an MHZ setting, try 166 and leave the dram timings at spd as the settings may change with more mhz.
ok Did that it did nothing

shadowdr said:
Before booting into windows run Memtest from a floppy and make sure it gives no errors so that windows will not become corrupt.
Did you run Everest before putting in the slower ram? It may be that the mismatched sticks have actually slowed down the ram quit a bit. Running mismatched sticks can be difficult as they both will have different spd timings.
Yes i ran Everest before putting in the DDR333, I had DDR400 at 200mhz going then when i put the DDR333 i was expecting it to say DDR333 166mhz. Oh one more thing when i take out my DDR333 now it still displays DDR241 for some reason when it should be saying 400 dunno about that now.

When you say mismatched you mean there are made by different company's right? if so that is true they are different ram but iv never had this problem before with my old pc that used different ram.

Would there be any programs that would let me change Ram timings and RATIO in windows because my bios is not doing it right :beer:

If you have an "AI overclocking" setting in advanced options,Cinfig System Frequency/Voltage, set this to manual and you should no longer have darkened Fsb and Dram settings.

shadowdr said:
If you have an "AI overclocking" setting in advanced options,Cinfig System Frequency/Voltage, set this to manual and you should no longer have darkened Fsb and Dram settings.

There is no AI overclocking setting in my bios

I found my mobo online MYmobo
I tried useing Warpspeeder to change the clock setting but it only displays my cpu speed.

How about a new Question sence this is not working at all

Should i Use

512mb of DDR400 at 200mhz
or
1 gig of DDR 241 at 120 mhz

im thinking if i take out the DDR333 and reset the cmos it should display the DDR400 correctly.

I would think that the 512 @ 200 mhz would be better, if it will run at 200.
im thinking if i take out the DDR333 and reset the cmos it should display the DDR400 correctly
This is probably your best option. If you need more ram then I would get another stick that matches the settings of the ddr 3200. It's current settings are normally stated as tras,trp,trcd,tcl or cas latency giving you 7-4-4-2.5 @ 120 mhz. a new stick should match the settings of the 3200 speed stick after removing the slower stick and resetting cmos.

Last edited:
So i uh Reset my Cmos, And it still displays DDR241 at 120mhz this is really ****ing me off.:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

Set Dram Clock to manual,and dram timing to manual.
Can you list the options in Advanced Bios Features, Advanced Chipset features and Frequency Control from your bios?

shadowdr said:
Set Dram Clock to manual,and dram timing to manual.

ok did that did nothing
shadowdr said:
Can you list the options in Advanced Bios Features, Advanced Chipset features and Frequency Control from your bios?
There is no way in hell im writeing all that down and posting it here, ill have my son do it hahahah.(at times like this is wish i had a digital camera)

while we wait for him, i tried something els
trp : 4t changed to 2
tras : 07t changed to 5
trcd : 4t changed to 2

and the bios wouldent even boot what should chould i change these settings to?

I didn't really mean that you should change the dram timings but that changing the settings to manual might give you the option to manualy change the ram fsb to a set value.
There might be somthing in the frequency control page that will let you change the divider or set the ram fsb so you can actually run them at 1-1 like it should be but the manual on your mobo does not include any bios settings in it so I have no idea which setting to change.

Back