• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is Better RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Crucial is made by Micron, Crucial is the high quality Micron

This is cut and pasted from a post by Jon.
All Micron is not created equal, however.

There is generic memory out there with Micron chips. Crucial happens to probably be the highest quality memory you can get with the Micron chipset.

If it's Crucial Micron, it'll be good. If another Micron chipset memory, you'll have to wait and see.

Hugo 59 said:
Crucial is made by Micron, Crucial is the high quality Micron

This is cut and pasted from a post by Jon.

One qualifier to that; Corsair ram also uses Micron chips and I rate Corsair as at least equal to the Crucial ram.

One qualifier to the Corsair ram qualifier.
Corsair not only uses Micron, but also Siemens, and at least 1 other make I forget the name of right now.

The thing about Corair is they only get the *select* grade ram and then they retest it for their own selections/use/grade.

In other words Corsair only uses the best of the best.

I don't want to sound like a Corsair nut or fanatic, because I don't want to be brand loyal to any company. But at this time, Corsair does have their act together and offers probably the best ram there is to be had, including Mushkin. When that changes, I'll try to change to.

Cheers,
Mike Lamb

Well I remembered what that other ram was. It was Infieon. Most of my Corsair came with that.

Last edited:
Mike360000 said:
One qualifier to the Corsair ram qualifier.
Corsair not only uses Micron, but also Siemens, and at least 1 other make I forget the name of right now.

The thing about Corair is they only get the *select* grade ram and then they retest it for their own selections/use/grade.

In other words Corsair only uses the best of the best.

I don't want to sound like a Corsair nut or fanatic, because I don't want to be brand loyal to any company. But at this time, Corsair does have their act together and offers probably the best ram there is to be had, including Mushkin. When that changes, I'll try to change to.

Cheers,
Mike Lamb

Well I remembered what that other ram was. It was Infieon. Most of my Corsair came with that.
From April 1, 1999 all of Siemens semiconductor activities was moved to Infineon Technologies, a wholly owned Siemens company. ;)

Mushkin (Infineon chips) is the best (IMHO), but also the most expensive :( .

Back