• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some advice.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Wicker Man

What would you do???

I "had" some Redline UTT flavor that recently croaked.
I sent them back to Mushkin, they offered straight up HP3200 2x512, or Redline 1gb stick, and then a discounted 1gb stick for some 2x1gb Redline lov'n, for 132 bucks.......

I am leaning towards the 2x1gb Redlines.......

What ya guys think?????

The Wicker Man said:
What would you do???

I "had" some Redline UTT flavor that recently croaked.
I sent them back to Mushkin, they offered straight up HP3200 2x512, or Redline 1gb stick, and then a discounted 1gb stick for some 2x1gb Redline lov'n, for 132 bucks.......

I am leaning towards the 2x1gb Redlines.......

What ya guys think?????

Wick,

They are giving you a new Redline 1 gb stick for your 2x512s and a small discount on another Redline 1 gb stick so you can go to 2 gb?

If this is the case, then this may save you from an upgrade in the future. Price is right, opportuntiy is there, and no wear and tear on you. I'd do it. Don't see much Redline around right now.

Last edited:
Hmm. If I were you, I would pick up the 2x1GB sticks. Just cause DDR sticks are virtually nowhere to be found :D

Plus it might help system performance.

Ok, thats what I am doing, so it will be 2x1gb Redline PC4000, would be nice if I could find some of the UTT's.....heh

both redline 4000 ddr1 and redline 8000 ddr2 are back in stock and shipping. check with you local etailer, retailer.

The Wicker Man said:
Ok, thats what I am doing, so it will be 2x1gb Redline PC4000, would be nice if I could find some of the UTT's.....heh

Wick,

Good move IMO and you're upgraded for a long time. I've never used Mushkin but they are alleged to be as good as it gets.

I have only used Mushkin since I bought a 256mb stick of PC133 Rev. 1.5.

That stuff screamed, I just retired it, I was running it in a 1ghz P3 at 150mhz 2-2-2-5.

The only stuff that isnt Mushkin is a 512 of Kingston value ram my sister and bro in law bought and couldnt use..... :D

Back