• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some inspiration (pic request please)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

custom90gt

Hey everyone,
I'm tossing around the idea of going back to wcing and I need some inspiration. I'm looking for pics of internal wcing (GT 240 sized radiators). I've done a bunch of searching, and so far I'm liking the aurora 3d (but that would be an external rad mount). Here is a pic of my old setup which I liked except for the cool air would blow up and cool off my legs as well as direct noise at me...
Thanks everyone

Attachments

• wc.jpg
    wc.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 387
I'm always in awe of the green machine. I will one day build something similar to that, but its a little big for my current desk (unless you wanna donate the case to me *wink*).

Silverstone TJ-07
side4.jpg

CoolerMaster STC-T01
mini-captured.jpg

Edit: Photobucket seems to be acting stupid today....

nice pics clocker, which case do you like better?

keep them coming guys

Springbok,
that looks nice. How many bays do you have available for hdds and optical?

custom90gt said:
nice pics clocker, which case do you like better?
Depends on the criteria I use to judge them.
The Silverstone is sexier (IMO), sports some unique features (the entire case is screwed together- no rivets!- thus, easy to disassemble) and requires some work to watercool...

The CoolerMaster is built like a tank (the motherboard tray/backplane- theoretically removable- is held in with 15! screws), can accept a 120.3 rad in three different locations (roof, floor or front) and is less than 1/2 the SS's cost.

Either case trumps the Lian-li v2k series...I was so disappointed in the build quality and general flimsiness that I sold mine at a loss without actually even completing the install.

thermochillfinal%20057.jpg

armorwired-001.jpg

i have an MCR220 in the front drive bay area.
believe it or not the Thermochill HE120.3 makes a huge difference in my temps when i crank up the 141cfm fans on it.

4-5c difference.
i had been told by so many people that having 2 radiators in my loop wouldnt make a difference. they were wrong.

Last edited:
Haste266,
have you always been running 2x radiators? If not, what kind of temp differences did you see in going with a second one. I like the lighting.

voigts,
that wood case is awesome. I really like the way it turned out. How heavy is it?

Daaaamn voigts, i REALLY like your case!

that sucker is niiice and big too! that came out REALLY nice!

and i love that the Floppy drive is painted to look like wood as well. heh. ( or IS it wood? can't tell, your camera doesn't show the front panel as well as it did in the other shot. )

clocker2 said:
Either case trumps the Lian-li v2k series...I was so disappointed in the build quality and general flimsiness that I sold mine at a loss without actually even completing the install.

great info man, I was considering a v2k actually. I'll stay away.

first off, lemme say that wood case is sweet. good job.

custom90gt said:
Haste266,
have you always been running 2x radiators? If not, what kind of temp differences did you see in going with a second one. I like the lighting.

i started out with just the mCR220. i am running two hot *** 7800gtx 512mb cards so that may be the reason the 2nd rad makes a difference.
if i turn the fans on my 2nd rad up to full blast i see a 4-5c drop in temps.

Tried removing the MCR220 and just running the HE120.3 and seeing what happens? I'll guess the temps you see with both rads will equal the temps you'd see with just the HE120.3 with it's fans turned up a slight touch, but less noise in total purely because you'd have 2 less fans in total running in the system.

MCR220 gives high temps because you weren't previously putting enough airflow thru it to cool the presented heatload... HE120.3 drops temps because it's taking the excess off the MCR220. If your current rad is being overloaded, then yes, adding a 2nd will help temps, but if that second rad is larger than the original, you'd be better off replacing the rad rather than adding alongside. Save yerself the pressure drop, which in turn may produce slightly better temps or allow you to leave fans at current voltage on HE120.3 without needing to turn em up slightly.

attachment.php

The MCR220 is on there... 2x 7800's and a CPU will be kicking 250w of heat(ish) ... which'd take 2x Delta 1212M fans or similar to cool succesfully (Specs of those fans can be found here). If your current fans shift less air than that then yes, the extra rad will drop temps, especially when you crank up the fans. With 3 of the same fans on the HE120.3, it'd be capable of shifting 350>400w of heat quite happily by itself...

i did it mostly for noise purposes. when im not really "using" my computer i just use the mcr220(delta fans). i kick in the other rad when using the computer at full load.

Haste266 said:
hey, that my case!

its been changed a little since that pic though.
hehe
kinda weird to see someone else posting up my case.

It inspired me for my rig, eh? That's why ;)

Back