• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC2-6400 Platinum Rev. 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DJCorpse

I was wondering if any one here had much info on this particular ram, OCZ PC2-6400 Platinum Rev. 2 (OCZ2P800R22GK), and how high one may be able to clock it up to? I was not able to find much info on it in these forums and only a little bit of info on it in other forums so, I was wondering if any of you here have had any personal experience with it or knew much about it?

I just got most of my gear for my c2d build (e6300, p5b dlx, 7950gt, 520W ocz powerstream and scythe ninja hs) although I am waiting on a hdd. After purcahsing this ram I discovered it did not have the micron d9 chips that are clocking pretty nicely right now so I was wondering what I may expect from this particular stuff. I read that it uses promos chips. Thanks for the feedback anyone and everyone!

Based on this list, it does appear that they use Promos chips.

http://ramlist.ath.cx/ddr2/

I can't tell you how they clock, but I can tell you that I have not read anything at all about high clocks with Promos chips on anything so my guess would be that your overhead will not be that huge.

If you are going for high clocks, which it would appear that you are based on the rest of your components, then you might consider returning/exchanging them, if that is still an option.

Missing from that list are PQI. Some modules use Aeneon chips which i've seen do some amazingly low lats. If I can find some of the Aeneons in the 1G sticks I may get them!

Back