• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop survey

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyrix_2k

This is for school so please answer it truthfully.

Do you find it an annoyance to plug in your laptop every day?

Would you like a wireless charging system?

If yes, how much would you be willing to pay for such a system?

Thanks! We're planning to build an inductive charging system into a desk so that a laptop will charge itself when placed directly on the desk, but we need to justify the product first :)

No.

Yes.

$50.

I don't see why it has to be inductive. The laptop makers should just have laptop docks. Slide the laptop in like a cartridge.

Maviryk said:
No.

Yes.

$50.

I don't see why it has to be inductive. The laptop makers should just have laptop docks. Slide the laptop in like a cartridge.
It has to be something that hasn't been done before. Dock's currently exist and are model specific. With inductive charging, I can adapt any laptop to work with the desk. I also want the desk to look traditional, so I can't have a dock integrated into it. If anyone has any better ideas, I'd love to hear them! I do have to be able to actually prototype the device though.

Well, If I have to sit it on my desk to charge it anyway, how lazy would I be that I can't reach behind the 10" deep laptop and plug in the cable that is sitting right there?

Now if you can design something that will charge it while just walking around the house, that will be awesome. Of course I'd like it to not give my family cancer in the process. :)

yes, as a matter of fact i really dislike having to plug in my laptop. in fact, i hate it. power strips are usually located in hard to reach places (behind desks, underneath a mess of wires, etc). but a wireless charging system isn't going to change much as i still will have to plug something in.

i would probably pay $35 if it was well designed, small, and functional.

wireless electricity :O

wow, thats just awsome :D

is something fails, we are all going to die:rolleyes:

Back