• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A few questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mortimer

I am looking to make my system silent, or nearly silent.

I have an AXP 2800+ (stock) on an EPoX 8rda board. Presently using an SI-97 with Panaflo M1A and an NB1 with the Delta fan (45x45x10) that comes with it. Am going to upgrade to a passive graphics card. Probably the Giagabyte 7600GS.

Thinking about cooling the CPU and NorthBridge with a WC kit.

Do you think that the Swiftech H20-120 Premium CPU Liquid Cooling Kit will be all right?

The double rad is also a thought.

Second question: Is their a secret knock (or similar) to get to Petras site when they are not out of pretty much everything?

Thanks in advance!

with that kind of cpu i would recommend against water cooling. completly pointless.

especially the NB. i can understand putting one on a p5b-deluxe when above 500 FSB.. but not on that.

i would recommend a much simpler air cooling solution like a ultra-120 or tunic tower, or even a Big Typhoon. but not a w/c kit.

That kit will cool that CPU just fine, and if you are going to go with a kit, that would be a good one to use. If you want really quiet, then a dual rad like the Swiftech MCR220 would allow you to use seriously undervolted fans.

If however you are going to use a passive GPU like a 7600, and are only using a 2800 that you aren't overclocking, you should be able to use one of the Scythe heatpipe monsters and still have it very quiet for a whole lot less.

voigts said:
That kit will cool that CPU just fine, and if you are going to go with a kit, that would be a good one to use. If you want really quiet, then a dual rad like the Swiftech MCR220 would allow you to use seriously undervolted fans.

If however you are going to use a passive GPU like a 7600, and are only using a 2800 that you aren't overclocking, you should be able to use one of the Scythe heatpipe monsters and still have it very quiet for a whole lot less.

quoted for truth. you could just get an Ultra-120 or a tunic tower and put a low CFM fan on it. like a yateloon. and then the computer would be dead silent.

but watch out because your PSU might be a bit loud.

voigts said:

Thanks! I don't plan on staying with the 2800 forever. It does meet my needs now. What I am hearing is fan noise.

Back