• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird OCZ RAM!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neural Net

Hey guys,

Been searching for RAM to fit into a PC I am going to build and basically looking for some pc6400 stuff (to go with a Core 2 Duo e6300 and Gigabyte 965P-DS3) and I came across this:

OCZ 1GB PC2-7200 900Mhz, 4-4-3-15 with XTC Heatspreader.

Now the thing is, it's about £15 ($25-30) cheaper than 1GB of OCZ pc6400, which is slower and has looser timings.

So what gives? Is this a good deal, and will it work with my future build? :confused:

SteveOCZ said:
It's great ram. I'm running 2x1GB sticks in my DS3 and they run very well. If the shop is one you can trust then buy them :)

Just what I wanted to hear, thanks! :D

SteveOCZ said:
No problemo. Make sure you update to the latest bios also when you get things up and running

So there's no voltage issues with this RAM? I heard somewhere on these forums that the DS3 has some issues with RAM voltages but I couldn't remember whether it was OCZ RAM or something else? :shrug:

Back