• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best way to setup my H2O cooling kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EZ-Spidey

I recently got my water cooling gear and now, I could use some advice
on how to set it up.

My original plan was to get a new case but I really would rather try out
other options before forking out more cash.

So right now, I'd like to see what can be done with my current case. It's
a Silverstone TJ05.

I'm only H2O cooling my CPU. I'm using a T line instead of a reservoir and
a 120.1 radiator.

Where would you H2O cooling pros setup the rad? Lower front is not an
option because I have 3 hard drives, need to keep them there.

I'm definetly open to case mods options.

you could always put it on the top (cut a whole in the top of the case) or just put it in the back 120mm fan port.

If I put it in the upper back where (where the 120mm fan is), this
means I'm loosing my only exhaust fan.

Will it affect my temps dramatically?

well... if your putting your cpu under water... it doesn't really matter.

your GPU might take a beating.. but i doubt it.

Well you have to have a decent air flow in your case, because all components generate heat that has to be removed out, so your gpu, ram, hdds, and your mobo will take a beating. You could mount your rad externaly on the right side.

EZ-Spidey said:
If I put it in the upper back where (where the 120mm fan is), this
means I'm loosing my only exhaust fan.

Will it affect my temps dramatically?

Well you wouldn't be losing your only exhaust fan. You could simply draw the case air through the radiator and then out. While that is not the optimal solution it would indeed work. Also if you wanted to try something you could reverse your cases airflow and have the intake in the back and exhaust it through fans in the front of the case. Just some suggestions to keep in mind.

SewerBeing said:
Well you wouldn't be losing your only exhaust fan. You could simply draw the case air through the radiator and then out. While that is not the optimal solution it would indeed work. Also if you wanted to try something you could reverse your cases airflow and have the intake in the back and exhaust it through fans in the front of the case. Just some suggestions to keep in mind.

o yea, forgot about that.

yea reversing might be the best way to do it. just turn around all the fans. (except the side intake fan. leave that intake, if you have one)

also turning it all around is nice for the winter, just put your feet in front of the case and its very cozy.

Back