• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hit a wall, is 2.3v safe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freeagent

hi guys, im running this stuff here http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr2_pc2_5400_gold_gx_xtc_dual_channel and i seem to have hit a bit of a wall

image of my wall:

right now i am giveing 2.25v to them, i also have a fan blowing over them, and to the touch, they are pretty cool. i dont really need an extra hundred mhz on the cpu, but what a neat trick that would be if i could pull it off in a stable manner. ive been to 3.3ghz already, and tasted 3.4 a couple of times with just the 2.25 ocz says is ok, but ddr 950 is just so close.. if they are confident 2.2v +-5% is ok, an extra .05v on top of that wouldnt hurt... would it?

Well, assuming 2.2 +/- 5% that would be a maximum of 2.31 Volts 5% being .11, so I would say you are still within spec. But their lifetime maybe reduced from 60 years...to say 45 or so :p

2.3Vdimm for DDR2 is the point I would be looking into active cooling.

Ok, who am I kidding mod up some fans on those :beer:

thanks guys :)

im still doing the same speeds as the screenie. the fan i am useing is just a standard s939 fan placed slightly above the center of the stix. to the touch the sticks are cool, but do you think it would be better to strap 2 fans together then mount them above the sticks for total coverage? im assumeing yes, but if it isnt required, then ill save myself the trouble...

thanks again :beer:

Back