• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help OCing my RAM..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trendx

Ok I dont know much about ram when it comes to the 3-3-3-5 and all that stuff. I need to know what i should shoot for if im going to keep my cpu at 3.6ghz @ 1.375 (in bios) and 1.352 (cpu-z) and 1.35 (pc probe II). The ram is have is the 667 Crucial Anniversay at 3-3-3-12.. I have tried upping the volts to 2.6 and running at those same timings at 800mhz but it just wont do it, i can get into windows but with memtest i get acouple errors 10% in or so. I want the best performance for real world/gaming, not for benching. Right now im at 800mhz 4-4-4-12 at 2.2 volts What should i do next? Also which cpu voltage should i follow?

Last edited:
if you dont have some type of cooling on the ram stay below 2.3volts. with c2d systems tight timings plays almost no role in performance. you will get better performance runing faster ram clocks then tight timings. i would stay at 2.2v and drop the timings to 5-5-5-16. to find the top of your ram use a higher ratio, such cpu fsb = 266mhz set ram ratio to equal 800mhz. i would also up the cpu-v to 1.4v atm.

Back