• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is my best choice for between $200 - $250 (2GB)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

myrockfight

Registered
I am going to run:

eVGA Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard with a 6300 or a 6600 duo core ( I haven't decided yet)

with a

eVGA 512-P2-N637-AR GeForce 7950GT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16

What memory is the best to run with this that will cost me between $200 to $250 for 2GB? Or would it be better to buy less memory (1GB) for better or faster? I am looking for the lowest and tightest latentcies, but I thought I would check with you guys to see what you thought would be the best with this specific setup.

I am looking mostly at Corsair and Patriot. But I have seen many people recommend OCZ and Gskill?

Oh and I read a couple of the stickies. Actually...skimmed would be more correct. But I couldn't really tell what the most significant factor choosing the memory is. Good brand is important, as well as timing, and low cas latentcy. So....?

Last edited:
retail means you get it in a nice packaging as the image shows. the other would be oem which is typically in a white or brown box.

Back