• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ memory - thoughts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's just regular PC2100 memory that's been tested to run at either PC2400 or PC2700 specs at CAS2.5. I believe they use Hynix chips.

It's not bad memory but isn't anything special either. Should be no compatibility problems if your PC accepts standard PC2100 memory.

I HAD been a supporter of OCZ since they started... I have in the past couple weeks changed my tune, not only about the company (it was sold) but the shady product line. I have just completed a SERIOUS water-cooling system and NONE of the ram I have from them would exceed 133 FSB, not even the PC166 Tiny MGA ram I got. I'm gonna stick with Crucial, Muskin and Corsair from now on.

I read a thread in a forum not too long ago about someone complaining that the ocz ram didn't overclock worth a cr** and he ended up going ahead and buying some crucial ram. Be sure and do some research on their products before you buy, I've read a lot of complaints about them. I personally have only bought 1 item from them; an Agilent Arcticooler and it took almost 2 weeks to receive that from them.

tacobell said:
I'm happy with mine stick of Ocz PC150 (Pc133 pre-tested)

Yah Im in the same boat as Tacobell, I have two sticks of Ocz 256mb pc150 and its great, I accidently spilled coffee

(actually My cat felt the need to jump off my monitor and spilled the coffee, but its his Pc)

on one of the modules and I just ran it under water and let it dry and its good as new.

Heard the storys about buying from OCz, but I bought my Ocz ram from Skip

It is a shame. My first experience overclocking was with them. I find now that the product line is getting rather thin, they are not bringing out the latest and heck, they are the only site on the net that I can get a shopping cart full of nothing more than the shipping fees (ordered product disappears). I too am now leary of them but wish I was'nt. I sometimes still purchase OCZ products but I do this from other sites.:confused:

Back