• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with some 2gb Mushkin DDR500 RAM I sold on Ebay,

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spoudazo

I got an email from the buyer who said,
Unfortunately as of now it looks like the ram is bad. At default settings 3-4-3-8 2.7v and running at ddr400 it won't load into windows or stay stable. I've found a lot of suggestions on different timings and have tried all of them but none have resulted in a stable system without errors. I haven't tried testing each stick individually and swapping slots, it's late and I'm going to have to do that tomorrow but I wanted to give you a heads up on the ram. Wish me luck.

Any reason why it's not working for him, yet with me it worked flawlessly for months and I never even changed any settings with the RAM? :eh?:

It's not on Newegg anymore, but according to the Newegg invoice/history this is the description.
mushkin eXtreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop

Back