• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ ddr500 won't do ddr500?? help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JustChill

I have this mem kit. It is a 2 gig kit that is saposed to run 3-3-3-8 at 250 fsb (ddr500) at 2.7 volts. My problem is I cant get thisa kit to run stable even at 247 fsb at those timmings with almost 3.0 volts, let alone overclock it. Can anyone help me with the timmings or settings to get me back in shape. Ohh and my proc. will do 2.94 max stable and fsb is well over 300fsb max stable...
here is a screen shot of A64 Tweeker and CPU-Z..thanx

Last edited:
Ohh and my proc. will do 2.94 max stable and fsb is well over 300fsb max stable...
If I run a devider and run my mem in the 230- 240 range I can run my processor at 2.94 ghz with 1.55v prime stable 12 hours.

It is my mem and want to know if there is any way to run it 1:1 with a mild overclock of 2.75ghz...

I have seen screenies of this mem running up to 265 @ 3-3-3-8 timmingsand I cant break 247 with those timmings......

If I had to guess i would say it is the DFI expert you need to find what to set your Secondary mem timmings @ . If you dont get the answer here Try DFI street .

I had a similar problem when I first got my second stick of ram and added it. Any attempt at default timings or even lower it would fail memtest. I finally changed the tref setting from 200@ 7.8 (it's spd setting)to [email protected] and it would boot at it's default timings. It also worked at all the 166 settings. You might try the [email protected], it seems to be a little slower in Super Pi but it might work.

After a month or so it would then run at any tref setting and bios somtimes changes it from one boot to another between [email protected] to [email protected]. I have no idea why but it works either way now.

Back