• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How fast can I run CORSAIR ValueSelect 2 x 512MB DDR 400 2.5 CASE memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f2racer

Registered
How fast can I run CORSAIR ValueSelect 2 x 512MB DDR 400 2.5 CAS memory?

I've had it running at 220 (440) at the default timings 2.5-3-3-8 for over a year with no issues. I recently picked up an Opteron 165 which will allow me to OC a bit more. How fast can I get with the default timings? And how far should I degrade the timings before I start to play with the memory multiplier?

Thanks!

Last edited:
If its like my memory, @230, you can run memtest for a week with no problems, but @231 it'll stay in winders for 10 minutes.

220 is what the memory will run at it's default timing. I've got to drop the cas from 2.5 to 3 if I do any higher. Luckily my MB (an ECS KN1 Extreme) has some control over memory multiplier and I've been able to keep the ram at 218.3 even though I've got the bus speed going around 266.6.

I have some corsair value select ddr400 2x512 that will do 250mhz at 2.5-3-3-8 but with 2.7 volts (can't remember what it would do on 2.6 volts tho). Have you tryed upping the voltage some?

Back