• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

waterchill parts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rajanm1

i have the new 12V asetek waterchill pump, 120mm RAD, antartica CPU block.
what coolant additive/anti algae fluid do you recommend?
where from in the UK would i be able to get:
  • USB cable for the pump
  • fittings for other sockets
  • 2 x Temperature Sensors
  • instruction manual
all help greatly appreciated

thanks
rajan

Last edited:
also how much of a difference will have only 1x120mm fan over the rad make compared to having 2 (front and back)?

I think you'll find this is a predominantly American forum, and we don't run the Asetek parts that much here. That said, I want you to get an answer, so here's a bump for you.

Do you mean fittings for the waterblocks or mounting plates for other sockets? If you meant the former, check a hardware store. If the latter, check online, you should be able to get something like a White Water universal adapter or something similar and you can adapt that to your waterblock.

thanks,
i meant mounting, and i'll give that a go
what about the other parts? and how much of a difference will have only 1x120mm fan over the rad make compared to having 2 (front and back)?

If its a very thick, restrictive, radiator you may see some improvement but in most cases it doesn't matter much.

The cables and sensors are standard parts with non-standard connectors to connect to the Waterchill controller most likely.

Be careful with the pump. It's based of the Hydor L30 series, but earlier I walked into my room and found a huge pool of water/antifreeze mixture all over the desk. Apparently the seal somewhere on the bottom of the pump gave out, and leaked.

pumpei2.jpg

Besides cleaning up the desk and bottom of the case, it didn't damage anything else, thankfully. Back to running a ThermalTake Silentboost CPU heatsink and stock X1900 video heatsink again.

TRF-Inferno said:
Be careful with the pump. It's based of the Hydor L30 series, but earlier I walked into my room and found a huge pool of water/antifreeze mixture all over the desk. Apparently the seal somewhere on the bottom of the pump gave out, and leaked.

pumpei2.jpg

Besides cleaning up the desk and bottom of the case, it didn't damage anything else, thankfully. Back to running a ThermalTake Silentboost CPU heatsink and stock X1900 video heatsink again.

thanks for the warning,
do you need the plugs / leads any more, if not could i please have them?

Back