• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What compares to Crucial Anni's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
According to the list, those ballistix are. Would need some confirmation.

Edit.... Btw...is it just me or since Micron owns Crucial, all their chips should be Microns? :p

http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2700

closeupIC525size.jpg

Apparently they are, but still need someone to take off the heatspreaders.

Last edited:
makes sense to me but to be honest the crucial d9 annis I bought arent even for me and i never owned crucial ram before...

Oh...I'm hardly done. I'm going to try to find most of the D9 deals so I won't have to sift through another "I don't know what memory to get" thread.

Edit: I also found some super Talents on Newegg for like 290, but they aren't really a deal. I'm gonna go with the Firestix since they are the next best buy at 245 shipped and rated higher in SPD.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is in time to help but you have to be really careful when looking at RAM nowadays if you're after certain specs or ICs. Manufacturers switch ICs with no way to tell, the older the review the less likely the detailed info is correct and even if it is a new overview it's not certain they could have switched for the ones you buy or the review piece may be old. Ram lists are also suspect for this reason. Just be careful and don't be dissapointed if you go for a deal. Also remember that AM2 boards typically clock Ram higher than an Intel system will.

And about the Crucial Anniversaries, Newegg and Chiefvalue were the only places selling them at freakishly low prices, everywhere else they were priced the same as other good D9s.

Check the product numbers carefully on that Buffalo Ram, sorry to dissapoint. At least they make part number changes for revisions unlike Corsair and others.

Last edited:
Thanks for making it dead obvious. It's too late for me to be meticulous. :) Well, lets see what the reps say about the new revision. I'm still kicking myself for not getting the Crucials 10th Anniv.

;)
MadMan007 said:
FSX800D2B-K2G <- review
FSX800D2C-K2G <- newegg

They either have incorrect specs or incorrect pics on newegg. The pictures posted are FSX800D2B-K2G CL4 ram. The specs indicate FSX800D2C-K2G CL5 ram. If you order it and recieve the CL5 stuff, just send it back and tell them they misled you with the pictures. :)

EDIT: This link to the Buffalo website does not even list an FSX800D2C. There is an FSX1000D2C rated at 5-5-5. I think Newegg has it listed wrong and it is actually the FSX800D2B sticks they are selling.

Last edited:
If all you want is inexpensive DDR1000 with 4,4,4, timings look at some team group D9GMH mine did 1000 on 2.15v no problem.

If you want clocks find some supertalent 1000(I believe this has d9gkx) or if you really really want to guaruntee your ram is good Corsiar dominator or C5(both of which cost an arm and a leg.)

squads said:
;)

They either have incorrect specs or incorrect pics on newegg. The pictures posted are FSX800D2B-K2G CL4 ram. The specs indicate FSX800D2C-K2G CL5 ram. If you order it and recieve the CL5 stuff, just send it back and tell them they misled you with the pictures. :)

EDIT: This link to the Buffalo website does not even list an FSX800D2C. There is an FSX1000D2C rated at 5-5-5. I think Newegg has it listed wrong and it is actually the FSX800D2B sticks they are selling.

There was a thread about this on xtremesystems about the very same Ram that's why I remembered about the revision, other people said that the new revision isn't the same. If you want to go through all that hassle, sure, or spend $30 more the first time and get some Teamgroup from tankguys.com. I know we all like deals but the Crucial 10th anniversary was an odd exception on a limited quantity item that was only cheap at newegg and chiefvalue, otherwise there doesn't seem to be anything like it at a similar price and I'm sure you won't D9GKX for <$250 when it goes in to $400++ kits.

Having said all that :p it probably isn't as critical as we make it out to be, most any decent namebrand DDR2-800 (even those company's value ram) should be able to hit DDR2-900 which is a 450MHz FSB and a nice oc with an e6400 or up, and lots could probably do DDR2-1000. The memory speed and additional CPU speed should make up for worse latency settings in real life apps.

Last edited:
My last paragraph...chances are yes those will do well but it's very hard to believe they are still made with D9GKX chips at this point. MAYBE they're D9GMH, I don't know do some goolging :)

Back