• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team group bh5 safe voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZNBoiOnFIYA

I bought a gig of teamgroup ddr400 bh5 about a month ago and havent had time to play with overclocking till now. The person I bought it from told me that he was able to run it at 3.00v at ddr500 but with loose timings. I'm trying to keep my cpu/ram ratio at 1:1 and so far I'm running the ram at 2.95v for stability because it wouldnt even boot with anything over 2.7v at first. I just want to know if its safe to run these sticks at this voltage. I'm only running at 4x htt right now so I really want to up my fsb. Currently its only at 210mhz. Thanks.

Try to get a DDR Booster or mod your board to do over 3.3 (a fan controller style PMW and the universal 3.3v mod would be a possible solution) and feed them 3.6v with a fan blowing on them. That should allow them to fly.

I have been running 3.3V into mine for way over a year, with a low speed vantec fan at 7v above the 4 modules.
If its the old school stuff 3.6v is considered the absolute limit on the spec sheets, you could press it higher with cooling if you wish (thats what overclocking is all about) and it helps stability too. 70c temperture limit.

Back