• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooled "real" HTPC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
My quest of silent yet powerful HTPC rig for the living room and the family!!

You can read more about it over at my project log!! :cool:

leak_test.jpg

res1.jpg

res2.jpg

res3.jpg

rad1.jpg

rad2.jpg

rad3.jpg

Last edited:
That’s pretty cool!

For a long time I’ve been toying with the idea of watercooling a MicroATX slimcase like this one:

http://usa.aopen.com/products_detail.aspx?Auno=2098&mdstl=226

It’s under 4” tall, 13 1/4” wide, and about 16” deep. I own the predecessor to the H360...the H340. I was going try watercooling the H340 but there were things about it that didn’t work well. The H360 just might be the ticket.

From your case it looks like I can install a Storm with 3/8” tubing and be able to bend it to fit in a slim case.

Could you measure and tell me the min # of inches above the motherboard you need for the tubing to not be kinked?

Graystar said:
That’s pretty cool!

For a long time I’ve been toying with the idea of watercooling a MicroATX slimcase like this one:

http://usa.aopen.com/products_detail.aspx?Auno=2098&mdstl=226

It’s under 4” tall, 13 1/4” wide, and about 16” deep. I own the predecessor to the H360...the H340. I was going try watercooling the H340 but there were things about it that didn’t work well. The H360 just might be the ticket.

From your case it looks like I can install a Storm with 3/8” tubing and be able to bend it to fit in a slim case.

Could you measure and tell me the min # of inches above the motherboard you need for the tubing to not be kinked?

yeah, w/c a full tower isn't anything. w/c a small case is something! :D

my silverstone LC-20M case is about 6" height from the bottom to the top. now minus about 1/2" of motherboard standsoff and stuffs, you'll have 5-5.5" of room to work around.

Max0r said:
Is she finalized and on active duty yet? :bday:
yup, she's in full duty now!! :D just needs to work a bit more on the software side (e.g. different plug-in, add-on, etc.).

Back