• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benching @ OC Forums

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El<(')>Maxi

Blank Senior Member
Hi guys & gals,

As many of you may know we have a benchmarking Team here, recently there have been some changes I'd like to make everyone aware of. hwbot is now running all of our Team rankings. What is hwbot? Basically it is an automated updating DB of results based on Team member submissions. This database stores Team rankings as well as individual rankings. The Team rankings are a reflection of OC Forums status among other overclocking forums in the community. Being that we are an overclocking community here I'd like to invite everyone to join in on the fun. Benchmarking is of course a natural extension of overclocking so this sould be pretty easy for everyone to do.

How involved you get is of course up to you, anything from running a simple Super PI 32M test, a good test of system stability, to any of the 3D Mark tests which can give a more complete view of system performance. Yes the 3D tests are synthetic and I know many have doubts about their use, however comparing your system to others on FutureMarks ORB (Online Result Browser) is none the less a useful method of measuring your systems performance.

So again I would like to extend the invitation to each of you, we would really enjoy seeing new members on our Team. If you would like more information about hwbot you can visit the hwbot site here.

I'm in, just tell me what to do. I actually overclocked my 7600gt for the first time last week but couldn't break 6902 3dm05 score. Then I bought a zalman cooler and did a volt mod and finally broke 7k. It may not be very high compared to others but I'm very pleased so far and having a blast doing it. How do I sign up?

All you have to do is run any bench test you want and post your results, it's easy! A screen shot of the result is nice but not required, the only real requirement is that any 3D Mark scores be tagged with -OC Forums- so people browsing the ORB will know what Team your from.

You can visit the Team sections here

A list of tests we currently use.

Super PI

Hexus PI Fast

PC Mark 05

3D Mark 01, 03, 05 & 06

Aquamark

CPU-Z

The free versions work fine, no need to buy anything. If you hit Esc right after the last game tests in 03, 05 or 06 (actually not 100% sure about 06 ;)) you can still get a valid comparable score without waiting for the the whole suite of tests to run.

Awsome work Maxi. I wish i could still bench with you guys, but the wallet just doesn't allow it anymore :(

Hey Sucka! When you stuff your bigger wallet we'll be here waiting, that sig looks pretty juicy to me now though :)

As sucka just stated, the holes in my pockets burned larger and larger til eventually I had to stop as well. My benchmarking days are long gone.

You don't need a 400 stage cascade to bench. Any score you can manage is welcome. ;)

PS# Anybody running at stock will be banned from the forums. :D

I can't believe it people with faster rigs than mine saying they can't bench.

BTW maxi hopefully i'll find a good bios for this board and be able to show off something close to 3.2ghz(I know the chip has it but its all in the motherboard.)

Sucka said:
Awsome work Maxi. I wish i could still bench with you guys, but the wallet just doesn't allow it anymore :(
tis not about having the best hardware, or greatest cooling. but about doing what ya can with what you got. Together as a team of overclockers we show and compare what we do have.
Personaly i know it sucks to not be able to buy the new toys. But we can help those that need it, or are willing to go where we cant.

I posted my biggest accomplishment in one of those threads. Thats all the benching I'll ever do though...ha

We had a nice jump up in the rankings over the past week during the hwbot PI Fast competition inspired by our own forum member d]g[ts. We had alot of new people in the benching team sections, good jobs guys!

Here is our current overall ranking, closing in on the Hellas OCTeam quickly!

Attachments

• ocf2.png
    ocf2.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 199
We've historically found our way into the top 5 in the hwbot benchies we've ran in the past, I don't think the global rank will be an exception. Just about everyone runs 3DMark at one time or another, so just go ahead and submit whatever you run, simple as that. :)

Seeing Guru3D ahead of us makes me cringe, please bench so I don't have to think about it

El<(')>Maxi said:
Seeing Guru3D ahead of us makes me cringe, please bench so I don't have to think about it
ROFL, that was my first thought exactly, but I thought maybe it wasn't PC to post that...lol...

Back