• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling suggestions/plans.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trueplaya4ever8

Alrite i have finally kinda decided what im gonna do.. try and keep it all in one case, My stacker 830.. I just dont see a 120.3 in my case. So i think im gonna shoot for a 120.2 thermochill if i can find one. Pry a storm for the cpu. 4 yate loons on the rad.

Places to mount radiator puzzles me. Front, dont kno where id keep my hard drives on my fan door on my case? On the bottom... Maybe but i have 2 dogs and i dont want to vacuum my floor ya know. Pump will be a D5. Suggestions welcome.

good luck finding a storm, i was looking for one earlier, i couldnt find a store with stock.

plenty of places with the thermo 120.2 but... performancepcs.com

QuietIce said:
I top-mounted the rad in one of my systems - or you could cut out the case top and do that. Storm is hard to find but not impossible ...

My psu would block it. But I think I might just get an apogee. How much better is the storm?

QuietIce said:
:confused: I didn't know you could block a top mount - what kind of PSU do you have ...?

Have you seen my case... lol. Have a look. And Im really not looking into cuting it up, if i was gonna cut id have a 120.3.

Sorry - I understand the confusion now.

By "top mount" I meant a rad mounted on top of the case. Most guys put ~2" space between the top of the case and the rad. The only cutting that needs to be done are the holes for the tubing, which can come out the back or top of the case. I took mine through the back under the case fan (next to the card slots), with kids around I didn't like the idea of a possible spill dripping into the case ...

QuietIce said:
Sorry - I understand the confusion now.

By "top mount" I meant a rad mounted on top of the case. Most guys put ~2" space between the top of the case and the rad. The only cutting that needs to be done are the holes for the tubing, which can come out the back or top of the case. I took mine through the back under the case fan (next to the card slots), with kids around I didn't like the idea of a possible spill dripping into the case ...

Oh lol. I dont kno about an external mount... I want to keep it inside.

I also need suggestion:

Should I buy Swiftech H20-APEX Ultra Kit? Or should I pay AU $50 more to get these setup below:

MCP655
Swiftech Apogee
Swiftech HydrX Coolant
Swiftech Tubing 7/16"
Swiftech MCRES-MICRO
Hose Clamp (6)
Black Ice Extreme II
Sunon 120mm 108CFM

Sometime I think I could buy e6800 instead of going for WC :)

Ashikaa said:
I also need suggestion:

Should I buy Swiftech H20-APEX Ultra Kit? Or should I pay AU $50 more to get these setup below:

MCP655
Swiftech Apogee
Swiftech HydrX Coolant
Swiftech Tubing 7/16"
Swiftech MCRES-MICRO
Hose Clamp (6)
Black Ice Extreme II
Sunon 120mm 108CFM

Sometime I think I could buy e6800 instead of going for WC :)

I wouldnt honestly get a 6800... Since its expensive as hell and quad core is coming soon.

And i bought an Apogee, so the storms out. I need to find a half decent 120.2 radiator thats decently priced. Im not looking forward to a thermochill purchase, its pretty big one for my first water setup.

If you want to start inexpensive, get a Bonneville heater core. It's not as pretty as a thermochill but works well. Another option would be a Black Ice Pro II. Either one of those would work well for a first time setup. Expensive parts are good for getting you those last few degrees of extra performance. A saying I hear frequently (and has been holding true when I purchase components) is that the first 90% of anything is easy. Its the last 10% that costs a lot of time and money.

Moto7451 said:
If you want to start inexpensive, get a Bonneville heater core. It's not as pretty as a thermochill but works well. Another option would be a Black Ice Pro II. Either one of those would work well for a first time setup. Expensive parts are good for getting you those last few degrees of extra performance. A saying I hear frequently (and has been holding true when I purchase components) is that the first 90% of anything is easy. Its the last 10% that costs a lot of time and money.

Well I just want decent preformance, with my allendale. So ya and silence is the key.

Ryan

What kind of tubing do yall reccomend? How much should i get? what other kinds of things i need, fillport, clamps and what other adapters do i need?

if you going all 1/2 inch. then get 7/16 masterkleer. you can get 20 feet of the stuff for 10 bucks. that'll last you a few water cooling builds.

http://jab-tech.com/Masterkleer-Tubing-7-16-ID-5-8-OD-pr-3079.html

and you can also get most of your w/c parts from there. and fans. then you need a fillport for the top of your case. (you don't neeed one. but its nice to have. you can also just make your own) and then you need a t-line to put right infront of your pump. and also some clamps for each barb. and since your using 7/16, because the fit is so tight. clamps arn't really neccesary, but i would still suggest using them.

and if the tubing doesn't fit around the bard. just stick it in some boiling water and then it should fit nicley.

and if your trying to do a super tight curve. you can also stick that into some boiling water and then it should bend more easily.

danger den sells a lot of the stuff too. just buy it all in one go if you can to save on shipping.

as for a pump, i suggest d5 or a ddc w/ petra's top.

trueplaya4ever8 said:
Well I just want decent preformance, with my allendale. So ya and silence is the key.

Ryan
If you want silence, then a Black Ice EXTREME is not the way to go.
They need higher static pressure fan to be the most effective.

RIG RIDER said:
If you want silence, then a Black Ice EXTREME is not the way to go.
They need higher static pressure fan to be the most effective.

What would be better, ill pry have yate loons on it goin full blast... which really isnt that much. So what do your recommend then.

Back