• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

do you get leaks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I got some leaks if the hose clamps were not tight enough. Usually leaks would come out like in few mintues of running it, for the first time. It never had a leak that happen over initial run.

Last edited:
Only time i every have had a leak was when i was drunk and forgot to make sure all teh hose clamps were tight. Thats what leak tests are for =) .

Once my system was set up, I never had leaks. Primary problem of leaks before system was fully going: not tight enough clamps.

My MCP655 pump housing was dribbling a lil bit (It screws on). There was a very slight trickle of a leak. It didn't do anything besides stain the bottom of the case a little bit. I think the problem was that I actually over tightened the thing, so the plastic housing was slightly warped because of it and leaked.
But all of the other connections in the loop were just fine
Just take your time and do it right and you should be fine (And don't over tighten your MCP655 pump housing :))

Couple of leaks. Had to reseat the barbs on my Storm block, the O rings got squished. Pulled them out rerolled them and everytghing is fine. Got my system running reverse ATX now and set up so that any leaks dont do anything but hit the bottom of the case :)

Neur0mancer said:
Couple of leaks. Had to reseat the barbs on my Storm block, the O rings got squished. Pulled them out rerolled them and everytghing is fine. Got my system running reverse ATX now and set up so that any leaks dont do anything but hit the bottom of the case :)
reverse atx? can u post a pic? thnks

Well does filling the loop while forgetign to plug the tubing to the water block count, then that would be a big yes. But during normal usage I only had very minor leak at the rad which was so minor that it would dry before it went anywhere, the only reason I know it was leaking is because it left antifreeze residue on the rad.

Got my system running reverse ATX now and set up so that any leaks dont do anything but hit the bottom of the case

That's actually a really good idea. I think I'll have to do that for the next case I build.

7/16ID 11/16OD over 1/2 fittings FTW. Plus a couple of zip ties for good measure. I'm not going to jinx myself over this but so far so good!

i had a lead that came 7 months after...extremely slow. i didnt tighten the barb into the res enough apparently...all good though :)

jamescardenas07 said:
reverse atx? can u post a pic? thnks

Junk webcam pic but here goes

watercooled004dl0.jpg

Back