• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Ram MHz Is wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lwj5

Registered
Help My RAM Max Bandwidth is wrong, its supposed to be DDR2-800(PC2-6400) But its giving a 667 RAM

ramjo9.jpg

This is the web for my ram:
http://www.geil.com.tw/portal/product_DDR2-800PLUS.php

Is there anyway that i check my ram voltage through widows?
SpeedFan doesnt work

You have to adjust memory speed and timmings in bios of your motherboard.

... :\

Your ram is rated for:

PC6400 800MHz CAS 3-3-3-8
@ 2.4V

SPD only controls frequency and timings.
Not voltage.
Thus, setting a SPD of 800MHz 3-3-3-8 @ 1.8V (DDR2 stock voltage) would result in non bootable settings and a 100% return rate.

Common "newbie" mistake. No offence.

i cant adjust my ram voltage through my bios cause it doesnt even tell whats the ram voltage now.

They Put
DDR18V OK

They did not even put CAS there

and 1 last thing

To set DDR voltage is Overvoltage type +0.075vm,+0.0..v not 1.8v, 1.9v or 2.0 volt.

NOTICE!!

Did you all notice there is no SPD for 800mhz? And it is pc2-5300 according to cpuz.

jph1589 said:
Did you all notice there is no SPD for 800mhz? And it is pc2-5300 according to cpuz.

lwj5 said:
its supposed to be DDR2-800(PC2-6400) But its giving a 667 RAM

Thats what i said...

INFO

lwj5 said:
i cant adjust my ram voltage through my bios cause it doesnt even tell whats the ram voltage now.

They Put
DDR18V OK

They did not even put CAS there

and 1 last thing

To set DDR voltage is Overvoltage type +0.075vm,+0.0..v not 1.8v, 1.9v or 2.0 volt.
You have to hit CTRL F1 on your main bios screen to unlock the advanced options on the motherboard intelligent tweaker page. Then you will have access to the advanced options. That isn't going to fix this though. IMO>

INFO

lwj5 said:
i saw t box myself pc 6400
I understand what you saw on the box. Pull one of the chips and at least write down the numbers off the label and post them. I saw a number of posts around the net about this memory acting this way in multiple motherboards. Did you google it?

Answer

lwj5 said:
i will take it out tmr sory gtg now
Instead you went and asked it somewhere else. Maybe if you ask it enough times, you will get the answer you want.

jph1589 said:
Instead you went and asked it somewhere else. Maybe if you ask it enough times, you will get the answer you want.

lol... i ask it there cos i saw a forum all bout GA 965 series.

Still not working gotta set the timing myself sad

Back